cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in triggering alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

after solving yesterdays problem I've been wondering around with another one...

Ive checked Michal Blogs in:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated,

and I've created a very similar alert which is triggered in my BPM.

I've run the BPM but the alert is not being triggered.

I've checked the alert category, the user is subscripted and able to receive the alerts, the rule for that alert category is created (I can see the user subscripted in the RWB), but i'm not receiving any alert on the user inbox.

The service alert_inbox is activated...

In slg1 transaction I'm not getting anything... any ideas...?

In the sxmb_moni I can see the process being executed successfully....

What do you think guys?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goncalo,

could you state on which SP you are? if you are on a previous version than SP14, you need to schedule some jobs, which might not be running. (if you don't see anything in slg1 it might also be due to an earlier SP).

Have you checked tcode ALRTDISP? if the alert has been generated but no receiver has been found, you should be able to see it there.

also check the workflow log, has the step which triggers the alert really been executed, or did your process probably branch so that this step was not executed?

best regards

christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've watched that I'm on SP09 unfortunately...

I've to talk with the admin guys for an upgrade , until then what are those jobs which I have to run in background?

I've checked ALRTDISP and I don't get any of the alerts displayed....Relating to workflow, what are the tcodes...

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goncalo,

ok, on SP09 you have to activate PMI (that means End-to-End Monitoring in RWB needs to work) and then additionally you have to schedule program SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET regularly (e.g. every 5 minutes).

alternatively you can call programm RSALERTPROC manually to have alerts created and delivered for testing.

to see the workflow log click on entry PE in column Inbound / Outbound of your messaeg in sxmb_moni.

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Thank you very much for your answer

I think PMI is activated because End-to-End seems to be working.In end-to-end what is supposed to get,despite the sender or receiver service I always get the same thing. The same diagram with all the components...is it ok?

I've scheduled the program SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET.

I've checked the workflow using swi1, I've seen the graphical process and everything seems to be rightly generated.

In sxmb_moni I wasn't able to find the PE entry, well I think it's not what I was thinking...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

sorry for the new post but I'm running out of solutions...

This must be some kind of weird problem...

I have a simple BPM which receives a file, has a container operation, triggers an alert with a message containing the variable which was used in the operation, and then sends the file.

I've scheduled SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET, I've filled every requisites on the alert category, I've created a rule on that category with no restrictions, but I'm not being able to receive any alert on my inbox...

Do you have any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

done...Problem solved

sorry guys for the last post...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue of alerts not getting generated though all configurations are perfect and jobs have been scheduled in background.

Could you share your solution on how you take care of this issue?

That would be immensely helpful.

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Are you on SP14 ? We have similar problem.

The Alerts get triggered using CCMS but alerts does not appear in Alert INBox.

It may be related to platform . we are in AIX.

I have raised the issue with SAP support. They have acknowledged that they get similar situation in their test environment.

I am waiting for Issue resolution from SAP.

I hope this information helps you and any others working on Alerts.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in SP14 in windows. I also dont get the alerts raised in the inbox.

Any kind of errored message has to raise an alert right? like a system errored message?

I dont have to schedule anything or activate anything rt??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that you apply all the patches needed for alerts.

Some of them are provided here for your benefit.

there is a new note for alerting on SP14:

906044 - XI30 Alerting: Wrong hostanme in the URL of the XI Alert

This note contains additional corrections which are not described in thenotes description.

The note has as precondition:

876546 - XI 3.0 Runtime Workbench: Missing alerts

905896 - XI30 Alerting: Message without recipient creates no alert

and this has as precondition:

879065 - XI 3.0 Runtime Workbench: Alert cancellation incorrect

I hope some of these will address your alert problems.

Overall, I am not impressed by the RWB Alerts.....

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Thank u very much..I have sent these info to Basis team for correction instructions..

I appreciate your help..i will reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have applied all the notes and some more notes for this alert. But still not working. Does System error also raises alerts?? if I give no restriction??? Also there are some alerts raised every five minutes from Batch processing - saying the recipients email id is not configured and all those...which program is running this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the SXMSALERT_LOGREADER - i see that the alerts are raised by SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET every 5 minutes. How do I stop this??? Why is it raising these alerts?

Answers (0)