Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Mail Adapter File Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario file to Mail.

The rquirment is that everytime the file is picked by the adapter a mail needs to be sent.

The email should just have the file name of the file that got picked up by the file adapter but there should be no attachment in the email, just the file name either in subject or in the body of the email.

No Mapping should be used.

Can this be done?

Regards,

XIer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the File to Mail scenario as the normal way.

For Receiver side just consider one field as payload and don't map the other fields from File.

You can get the File name with the use of Dynamic configuration. Please refer

Refer this blog. for File to Mail

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/01/09/troubleshooting-soap-message--xi

Refer for getting file name in mapping

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2664. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarup,

Thanks but I am aware of the way to get file name using Mapping. the question here is can this be done without any mapping?

Regards,

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well without passing it to mapping, I am doubtful that you can refer the sender side information directly in the Receiver Mail adapter.

You can dynamically setup the Subject or recipients in communication channel but the values should be refered from some where.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please elaborate on how to achieve this:

You can dynamically setup the Subject or recipients in communication channel

Regards,

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You need adapter specific message attributes here which is initialized at the time of mapping,since you dont have any mapping involved your only option left is by writing adapter modules.

the other option would be to use scripts instead of XI,its just reading the filename and sending mail.

Thanx

Aamir