cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION manager installation on RHEL 4 or 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have few questions regarding the SOLUTION manager 4.0 SR3 on 32 bit RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 or RHEL 5 operating system.My first question is can we install SAP SOLUTIOn manager SR3 on 32 bit or it just supports only 64bit.

If i can install SR3 on linux can you suggest me the exact disk no? or can i use the SR2 Instalation master and install solution manager SR3?

Regrds,

surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SolMan 7.0 SR3 can only be installed on 64bit.

I HIGHLY suggest using a 64bit platform (all new servers/CPUs support 64bit), 32bit installations are very cumbersome and depending on the scenario you won´t be even able to activate it correctly because of the 32bit limitation.

If you really want to install on 32bit you need to use the SR2 version and patch it up to the latest support package (will will then be equivalent to SR3).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot markus and can u suggest me the Installation master DVD no? so that i can search in service market place.I can see only SR3 solution manager 7.0? so i do want to searech from the portal.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SR2 is no more available as download - you have to order it.

Again: I highly suggest installing on 64bit... much less troublesome...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi markus,

One more question As you said Solamn SR3 is not available for 32bit i can see 32bit DVD's from service market place

NW 7.0 SR3 Kernel 7.00 Linux on IA32 32bit

NW 7.0 SR3 UC-Kernel 7.00 Linux on IA32 32bit

DVD ORACLE RDBMS 10.2 LINUX_IA32 1 to 4

Can you suggest me can i install Solman 4.0 SR3 on RHEL4 or 5

Regards,

surya

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The installation master for SR2 is missing - it won´t help just downloading the kernel and the database.

Markus

Answers (0)