cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM, ROS and SUS scenario question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in the process of implementing MDM, ROS, EBP and SUS scenario in our present project. I went through the documentation. I have couple of questions.

1. Do we need to have seperate clients for ROS and SUS. What is the best practise.

2. Since we have SUS, once I transfer BP from ROS to EBP, check the portal vendor box, I would like to know how the registration code will be sent to supplier. Do we need to create the userid in EBP or with the receipt of registration code supplier will be able to create his first initial userid? Also how we can implement this with CUA and EP as part of landscape?

3. Also since we have MDM, how the new BP information can be migrated or mapped in MDM and how new BP can be sent to backend system? I understand there is BP monitor to check and approve the changes, but how the new BP will be transferred? Do we need to develop new XI message for this? if Yes, from where that can be managed? from EBP or MDM?.

I searched through help.sap.com for any documentation but no success.

Thanks in advance

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for pt 3.

If you dont want to use MDM,you can also create a workflow in SRM which will transfer /create the corresponding vendor in the R/3 backend system.Your event for triggering the workflow will be creation of BP of type "vendor"/"protal bidder".

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

1. You can have same client for SUS and ROS. the best practice is to have seperate clients for EBP and ROS / SUS to avoid some data inconsistency later.

2. When you create User login details in ROS, you also have to specify an emil address of the vendor contact person. once you save the details, we have an option (a button) to send user login details to the specified contact persons email address.

3. New registered vendor cannot be migrated from SRM to R/3 in standard. I can propose 2 options:

Option 1 (recommeneded):

a. Create BP in SRM with Supplier Self registration and pull to MDM using XI. pls check if standard SRM content includes BP message. It should be available. If not, you will have to develop it.

b. From MDM send this vendor details to R/3.

c. Specify R/3 vendor code in SRM BP and synchrinize two masters.

Oprtion 2:

a. Create a BP in SRM with Supplier Self registration

b. Create a vendor account manually in R/3 and send it to MDM

c. Specify R/3 vendor code in SRM BP and synchrinize two masters

d. MDM can be used for syndication / harmonization

Regards,

Prashant

Pls reward pointsfor useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Our client is having the scenario you mention in Point 3 and Option 1.

We are planning to implement SRM-MDM-R/3 for migrating ROS suppliers.

1. What is meant by BP message you mentioned?

2. What is meant by "Specify R/3 vendor code in SRM BP and synchrinize two masters."

3. How to update GOA contracts in MDM, what are the config settings we have to do?

Could you please provide any Documents or process flow for above mentioned points i.e SRM - MDM- R.3 scenario.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Refer the foll thread:

2.For supplier registration,SUS is not mandatory.You need to configure ROS for this scenario.The extrenal vendors will register in ROS and then be replicated to R/3.

You can use EBP only for Supplier registration.

SUS,ROS and Bidding engine make up the SRM server 5.5/EBP component of SRM 5.0.

Pls refer the foll link for the complete process:

http://www50.sap.com/businessmaps/8F152C1AE8F1426FA3B442F905815F54.htm

For detailed settings/config of supplier registration,refer the foll threads:

3.Not worked on MDM so cant help you on this.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answer