cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guard conditions or making a button disable.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using Visual Composer in SP3 but it seems the guard condition is not working properly. I put an expression testing whether an attribute is null, however, the guard condition appeared to be ingnoring this condition whatever value has been coming. So I simply set false in guard condition in order to avoid the hit but the action is still being called. Is it a kind of bug?

My other approach to avoid the click of this button would be express a condition to the "Enable" property. However I could not figure how to edit a dynamic expression verifying if the table viewer has some row selected (the use case that motivates this thread) in order to either disable or enable it.

So it seems my two alternatives avoiding the click of button are not available. In the former looks like a bug of VC and the last looks a lack of functionality in tool. Am I missing something?

Best Regards,

Felipe.

ps: I wish show a screenshot to ilustrate my model but it seems SDN forum doesn't have such functionality. In case someone has a solution to this please reply it to me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

Regarding the Guard condition - this sounds like a bug. I tried it on VC SP5 and it worked.

Regarding the "Enable" property on the button - When you have a table with data there is always a selected row, so you can use the ISNULL function.

There is another option to achieve this behavior and it is the "Condition" property on the action (In the Action Editor).

Hope it helps,

Udi

0 Kudos

Hello Udi,

I didn't know that using ISNULL function would always taking into account the selected row. Thanks for helping on this. Now it's working.

Regards,

Felipe.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

In addition to Udi's reply, you can insert a link of screenshot by hosting your image with [imageschack|http://imageshack.us/]. It is free, and also doesn't require any registration. I and many of us here in SDN use it.

Let me know if the "enable", doesn't work....

Best regards and Good luck,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i think when we are trying to use Gurad Condition its not working properly .

actually ur requirement is To Disable the Submit button Right .

or clear about ur issue ??

Regards ,

venkat

0 Kudos

Nice, thanks Dharmi about the clue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If U want Make a Submit Button disable .

1) Right Click on submit button-> Properties -> go to Condition functions -> u can fine ISNull -> click on ISNULL Field u can get isnull in text filed . k right .

Next

2) in text filed u will get like this ->ISNULL(true) .u just Remove true and in that u want disable for hwich filed i mean u have soo 2 input filed are mandatory means u have to put thta filed name in that isnull(Companycode ) like this . then just click on check Formula .if it success then ur submit button will disable for tht particular field is empty .

i think this will help u out 100% otherwose send immeadiate response i will help you out .

Regards ,

venkat