cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALRTCATDEF -> SETTINGS--> CONFIGURATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am not able to see only following three options from this ALRTCATDEF, go to SETTINGS--> CONFIGURATION.

1. User

2. Status handling with mails

3. Logging

I am not getting options like, INTERNAL PROCESSING. and SMTP FORWARDING AS XML.

I hv configured all the required setup for alert email configurtion

1. ALRTCATDEF

2. Alert Rules

3. Su01

4. SCOT

5. LERT INBOX> PERSONALIZATION> Time Independent Delivery and Email are selected.

Eventhough not receiving email and email is being triggered to SAP Office workplace Inbox.

Thanks,

SamV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup and Milan,

Tthanks for quick response.

I have configured everything from Alert setup, Alerts are coming to RWB-Inbox properly and there is no issue.

Issues comes, when I want to have email alerts in fixed recepient's external mail box.

For this, while executing ALRTCATDEF -> SETTINGS--> CONFIGURATION....

I am not getting option to select 'INTERNAL PROCESSING' or 'SMTP FORWARDING AS XML'

Thanks,

SamirV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

the mail address to which you want to send the mail,

is it on the local server or otherwise.

Do one thing in transaction SCOT.

check in the smtp node your mail host is correct.

Also in smtp node in support addresstypes click on SET corresponding to Internet and type an * in the address area.

reward points if useful.

regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure you must have done almost all settings for Alert Configuration but still I will kindly request you to go through there several good guides on configuring this. These cover Alert Category definitions, and RZ20 configuration.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700004422742005E/XIMonitoringHowTo_01aSR.pdf

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700002757652005E/HowtoMintorAF.pdf

Thanks

Swarup