cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network printer configuration in windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are on win2k3 withECC 6.0 and sqlserver 2005, i have created the new printer thru spad and added in the user workstation as network printer from add printer option .

For one workstation we add by logging in the system , but for more than 50 or more workstations is there any way to add the printer .

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Subhash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

The idea of an network printer is to create it centrally in e g ECC.

There's no need to do anything at the workstation.

I can imagine that 50 users might not share the very same network printer so there might be more network printers in the system.

Then it's a matter of setting the correct default printer for each user.

unless you have 50 users, all with local printers connected to their workstations.

Then I suggest that you invest in a couple of network printers instead of using front-end printing technology.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply, if SAP is on windows environment just configuring printer in SPAD with required parameters is enough.. is there anything to do from windows server like in Unix we will configure the printer settings to communicate with Host printer.

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Subhash

In Unix we have configure the

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must of course configure the printer once on a server. The spool server can be the SAP system, it can also be a different server in your domain (if the SAP System runs in an AD domain).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

Configuring printer on windows server that holding SAP is just like adding printer from printer & Faxes option...

Please suggest...

Thanks,

subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

install printer in windows server. this windows server is used as print server.

now to configure network printer in sap.

check following

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/4a973751ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

regards,

kaushal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all