cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating the dictionary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sirs,

I am taking part in the process of migrating a J2ee application from JBoss to SAP Server. I have imported the ejb project.

I have an entity bean with 79 CMP fields. i have created the bean and created the table for the same also in the dictionary. But when i tried to build the dictionary, i am getting an error message as given below,

"Dictionary Generation: DB2:checkNumberOfColumns (primary key of table IMP_MANDANT): number of columns (79) greater than allowed maximum (64) IMP_MANDANT.dtdbtable MyAtlasDictionary/src/packages"

Is it mean that we can not create tables with fields more than 64 in the dictionary?

I was able to create the table in the DB directly with more than 79 fields.

So i hope it is because of some settings in the Dictionary.

Do you know whethr any options are avilable in the netweaver developer studio to change the default column limit of the table

Kindly help,

Thankyou,

Sudheesh...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheesh,

If u want to Display database default values as a column in the table editor:

choose window>preferences>dictionary>Table Editor>check it for default valus that is being used in the DB.

Just try this.

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

i tried this. But still i am not able to create fields more than 64 in the table in the dictionary. As i told before, I am getting the error message only when building the dictionary.

do you know whether any options are avilabe to set the no. of columns of a table in the dictionary?

Regards,

Sudheesh K S