cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Console - Time Outs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am experiencing a strange behavior in the MDM Console. All actions are taking very long and finally time out (a popup window comes up). I am using MDM 5.5 SP06 (WIN32) and SQL Server 2005.

What could be the reason for this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Ingo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

can you provide some information about the machine itself (e.g. CPU, RAM, free space on hard drive, other installed systems, which run regularly, etc.)?

Does this happen to other MDM clients, too? If not, a re-installing of the MDM Console could work. Have you tried this before

The exact message text could be helpful, too, I guess. Especially if it would not be something like "Time out - action aborted"

Was the MDM lately installed or is it running for a longer time?

Another thing could be some viruses or something like that. Have you considered this?

Some questions to you, which I would ask myself, too and that could help.

Best regards

Dominik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Restarting the MDM Server and Database Server as well. Also check with other repositories.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help! The problem was the SQL Server, in the MDM server log I could find some OLEDB-connection problems:

3272 2008/06/03 18:11:46.093 Error: OLEDB error on / from statement:

3272 2008/06/03 18:11:46.093 Error: ErrorRecord->HResult/NativeErr: 0x80004005/0

Description: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server existiert nicht oder Zugriff verweigert.

Source/File/Line: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server/..\..\..\Database\A2iDbConnection\OLEDB_DBConnection.cpp/295

I was running it on my local machine, no dedicated server for this. Could be that the installation of MS Access messed up my SQL Server, I wasn't even able to connect to it using the MS tools. Now I got the DB back up and running, everything works fine.

Kind Regards,

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Domink mentioned, try accessing the MDM server from another client on another computer and see if you still run into performance issues. If you do, you may want to examine the data model and the data in the repository. If you have a really large data model (with a lot of attributes) and a lot of data in your system, the data manager can take a long time to start up. If not, you may want to run some network diagnostics with the windows tools on the server and your client machine.

Is your GUI client the same version as your server version? What is the exact version number of your installation?

Edited by: Harrison Holland on Jun 3, 2008 2:14 PM