Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on importing of records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario like:

I have started importing files, importing is under progress( about 80% is completed).

Now if an error occurs at this point of time, i should get all the 80% of the records in Data

manager that is already imported.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Importing takes place in Chunks.

So say for example you are importing a set of 10 records and 1 record among them is in error and the chunk is also in size 10 then it is possible taht the entire set is not imported.

For eg:when i was trying an import of a set of 500 rec their were some 4 rec which were in error but however my entire set did not get imported.

Regarding the 80% success i feel what ever records manged to get imported considering the import chunk size and the point to error occured should enter the MDM rep rest will fail.

You can also monitor the Import log taht gets generated after the recs failed it will give you the exact range of rec that have failed to import with a error msg with it.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

until you get a success message u cant see the imported records in the data manager.

if you get any error message the importing will get terminated by the import server.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the import, if you stop the import process or if an error occurs during process, all the records processed untill the errror occurs or cancelling the import process will be stored in the repositories.

so if you stop when 80% importing processed, you can view these 80% data or records in your data manager.

Test it by stoping the importing manager during import.

Regards

Vijay