Oracle Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ours is ECC 5.0, as per note 830576 the below parameters values are :-

statistics_level='typical'

REPLICATION_DEPENDENCY_TRACKING FALSE

In DB16 the above Parameters show error as

REPLICATION_DEPENDENCY_TRACKING 1 Value: TRUE (<> FALSE) # Tracking dependency for Replication parallel propagation

STATISTICS_LEVEL 1 Value: TYPICAL (set in parameter file) # Statistics level

In the init<SID>.ora, the parameters displayed are:-

statistics_level='typical'

REPLICATION_DEPENDENCY_TRACKING ( I couldnu2019t find this parameter in the .ora file)

My question, we still get the errors in DB16 for the above parameters. What are the impacts for the above parameters if we follow DB16 or the sap note 830576.

What instructions should we follow for the above parameters is it DB16 or SAP note.

Please reply.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use DB17 in order to change the checks.

details [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/df/455ea7747111d6b25100508b6b8a93/frameset.htm]

If you do not find REPLICATION_DEPENDENCY_TRACKING, then you have not set it and it is taking the default value (TRUE)

Regarding STATISTICS_LEVEL, you have to check DB17 to what are you checking and change it to TYPICAL (I do not think it is case sensitive, but check that also, just in case)

The influence of both parameters is different.

IF you do not use replication then REPLICATION_DEPENDENCY_TRACKING can be set to FALSE, but it will not have much influence in your system if you do not use it.

STATISTICS_LEVEL must be set to TYPICAL, if it is not set then you can be disabling some oracle features

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What you said is right but my question is for REPLICATION_DEPENDENCY_TRACKING and STATISTICS_LEVEL what is the impact of these parameters and what should i follow - according to the SAP note or according to DB16 error message for setting the same.

Please help.

thanks

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

OK,

clearly you did NOT understood my answer, so I'll try to "speak slowly"

You ask:

> what is the impact of these parameters

• REPLICATION_DEPENDENCY_TRACKING. Not having this properly set is not a big deal. The correct setting will depend mostly if you are using REPLICATION or not. Only you know if YOU are using replication, so only YOU can decide on the correct setting for this parameter.

• STATISTICS_LEVEL. Lets see. I told you

> STATISTICS_LEVEL must be set to TYPICAL, if it is not set then you can be disabling some oracle features

so the impact is BIG if not properly set. you can read the documentation (link [here|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/initparams211.htm#sthref639] for the exact values and what can be the effects of not setting it to typical. As mentioned you MUST set it to TYPICAL.

> what should i follow

You MUST always follow the note recommendation. It is always up to date. When the note change your checks are not automatically changed. this is something that you have to do using the transaction DB17.

IF you have properly set (as the note indicate) the parameters ans you still get a warning then you must go to the transaction DB17 and modify the checks (AFAIK, on my previous reply I already told you so and gave a direct link to the DB17 documentation)

so lets chew this a little more for you.

you mentioned the errors were:

> STATISTICS_LEVEL 1 Value: TYPICAL (set in parameter file) # Statistics level

This means that, in DB17 a check of type "PROF" is configured so it checks if the parameter is set.

If the parameter is set (regardless of the value) you get the error.

Action go to DB17 and change the check so it checks for the value indicated on the parameter note.

> REPLICATION_DEPENDENCY_TRACKING 1 Value: TRUE ( FALSE)

I assume that you are missing something here.

Probably the check is configured in DB17 to check if the parameter is FALSE (<> FALSE) and you have the default value "TRUE"

Options

1) if you do not use REPLICATION -> set the parameter to FALSE

2) If you use REPLICATION or do not want to change the parameter setting, then go to DB17 and cancel the check, or change the check so it evaluates "TRUE" instead of "FALSE"

Former Member
0 Kudos

please reply