cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

longer display time of a tooltip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how can i change the display time of a tooltip? My problem is that i have a long text in a tooltip and when the user go over a field he see the tooltip only for a few seconds. So he can read the whole text in the tooltip.

Maybe anyone has an idea?

with kind regards

Markus Jura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin!

Maybe i try this. But it gives no chance to change the display time of a tooltip?

with kind regards

Markus Jura

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no Web Dynpro API for changing this.

Apart from that, the current WD HTML renderer (Unified Rendering) use the default browser implementation for tooltips. To be able to change the display time, one probably had to implement tooltips using Javascript.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin for your answer.

The field is not to expand, because then i have a horizontal scrollbar. This is which i doesn't want. Therefor i have create a tooltip.

So the field have a fixed width. When the user don't see the whole text he can goes with the mouse over the field and the the whole text in the tooltip.

with kind regards

Markus Jura

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could place a TextView with the same width under the field.

Next to the field you could place a LinkToAction with an open/collapse icon to show/hide the TextView. The link's action would toggle the visibility of the TextView, the icon source would be bound to a calculated attribute and show an open or collapse image depending on the current visibility.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not what tooltips are for. Use another area on the screen, possibly one that can be expanded/collapsed, to show these texts.

Armin