Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries System copy SOLMAN 4.0 NW2004s SR1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following queries for SOLMAN system copy

SOLMAN 4.0 (SOLMAN 7.0) NW2004s SR1 on UNIX AIX 5.2 ORACLE 10.2

1. Is it adviseable to perform a system copy of production SOLMAN system? As in our case we don't have any other SOLMAN system except production and are in need of a test system.

2. In case we do a a system copy of the production SOLMAN, then what are things to consider? Will the test SOLMAN system fit into the same landscape?

3.Please help me to locate the standard guide for system copy NW2004s SR1 from SMP as i only find SR2 and above guides.(service.sap.com/instguides)

4. What will be the size of the export file created during system copy procedure using SAPINST? Or How to calculate the same?

5.What will be the duration of export and import process?(especially export).

Regards,

Jimmy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Is it adviseable to perform a system copy of production SOLMAN system? As in our case we don't have any other SOLMAN system except production and are in need of a test system.

If you need it you can copy it

2. In case we do a a system copy of the production SOLMAN, then what are things to consider? Will the test SOLMAN system fit into the same landscape?

Yes - but you will need to re-do all the system connections. Keep in mind that one satellite system can (depending on the scenario) only be connected to one Solution Manager (e. g. Service Desk)

3.Please help me to locate the standard guide for system copy NW2004s SR1 from SMP as i only find SR2 and above guides.(service.sap.com/instguides)

If you patched your SolMan up to a recent patchlevel you can use the new SR2 or SR3 guides.

4. What will be the size of the export file created during system copy procedure using SAPINST? Or How to calculate the same?

It will be about 10 - 15 % of the SolMan database size.

5.What will be the duration of export and import process?(especially export).

This can´t be said in front, it depends on the size of the system and the speed of your I/O subsystem and number of R3load processes. Can be 2 hours to several days.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Markus.

To further clarify on the 4th piont if my database size (i.e total of sapdata1 , 2,3,4 ) is 60 GB then the export will be around 6 GB.............or is it 60 + 6............

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your system is about 60 GB the export will be 6 - 10 GB.

Markus

Answers (0)