cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine: Performance Monitoring?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I am assessing the PI 7.1 Advanced Adapter Engine and execute a Performance Test against a standard

scenario using the Adapter Engine processing.

I would like to understand and see the 'performance boost', mentioned by SAP, but I am not able to find

a tool which gives me this view on performance (e.g. message processing time) in the Adapter Engine.

The Runtime Workbench tab 'Performance Monitoring' seems to be limited to the ABAP Integration Server.

Is there any settings I can use to get this view? Or is there any other metric which could be used to

validate the actual performance improvement by the AAE?

Thanks for you ideas.

Mathias.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijaya - Liking the doc. But again, not helping to address the query for AAE Performance Monitoring.

Thanks.

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Check these too..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00982670-748c-2a10-3985-cdd42fb4...

/people/william.li/blog/2008/01/10/advanced-adapter-engine-configuration-in-pi-71

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijaya - thanks again.

I also used these documents and especially like the slide there they highlight the 'Performance Boost' by

factor 10!

BUT again, where and how can I validate this figures? Is it just SAP making it up or are there really some

mechanism to measure this?

Thanks.

Mathias

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI - Got confirmation from SAP that this is currently not possible. Future option might be the Solution

Manager, but nothing is available at this moment in time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You use the Advanced Adapter Engine to connect the Integration Engine to SAP systems (RFC adapter) and non-SAP systems. You use the various adapters in the Adapter Engine to convert XML- and HTTP-based messages to the specific protocol and format required by these systems, and the other way around.

Using Integrated Configuration you can define a local Message Processing on the Advanced Adapter Engine. The Advanced Adapter Engine provides mapping and routing for this locally. Message Processing is only executed on the Advanced Adapter Engine from one adapter to another without the involvement of the Integration Engine. You can gain a great improvement in performance.

You can implement all adapters on the Adapter Engine for a local Message Processing on the Advanced Adapter Engine, apart from the RNIF adapters and the CIDX adapters.

If you do not use Integrated Configuration, Message Processing will always be performed by the Integration Engine to execute the routing and mapping there.

The Advanced Adapter Engine is a separate software component that is automatically installed on the Integration Server. In this case, it is the central Advanced Adapter Engine. However, you can also install the Advanced Adapter Engine separately on another host. This is then a non-central Advanced Adapter Engine.

Please reward points if it helps

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikranth

Thanks for this summary.

I am aware of the features, how AAE works and how it can be deployed.

As said, I do have a working scenario already and I do believe in the Performance

Improvement.

BUT - when selling this to a client or convincing somebody to use it, I need to

validate the Performance Improvement against the effort. You need to remember

that the AAE Integrated Configuration in an existing PI system would require

configuration effort (surely some Man-Days, based on System size etc.).

For this, I would need to say precisely on how much the Performance, say

Processing Time, will be better. Is it 10-times, 5-times or 1,5times...? In one

slide deck SAP claims to have 10-times improvement - how did they measure it?

Is there any way to retrieve this metrics? All I can say is - it works, but I dont how good...

Thanks.

Mathias

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the link below

1)/people/william.li/blog/2008/01/10/advanced-adapter-engine-configuration-in-pi-71 --by William Li

Regards,

sangeetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sangeetha

I am aware of this Blog, but unfortunately it does not cover any details on Adapter Engine Performance Monitoring. It purely explains the AAE functionality, which I already sucessfully setup - just I would like

to see the actual 'Performance Boost' in some figures.

Thanks.

Mathias.