cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jms to idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is quite common and I know many blogs are there but still posting this question as I did not get correct answer.

My requirement is:

I have a flat file (idoc data) placed in MQ, now XI has to read this flat file and convert to XML format and post the idoc to R3 system.

So here I will be configuring JMS as sender and IDOC as receiver.

But my question is how XI will convert flat file to xml format.

For this abap mapping or xslt mapping is to be used...right?

which mapping to use, how to use, which is accurate....pls suggest and give me correct program for this.

Thanks,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The adapter converts the source file into the required Xi format ie, the xml format. so you need not worry how it is done.

The adapter plays 2 roles, it converts the source file to xml and then the xml format to the required target format. The second function it does is ,it connects to the external systems.

Regarding your mappings, it depends on how complex your mapping is, if its too complex xslt or java mapping else you will use graphical mapping

Hope this clears your doubts

Thanks

Saiyog

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You do not have to do anything to convert the flat file to xml.

the corresponding adapter, in your case the JMS adapter will convert your flat file into xml data.

the choice of the mapping depends upon the complexity of the mapping.

Unless very complex, XI's message mapping (ALso known as Graphical mapping) would be sufficient.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana