Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization to execute ABAP program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to execute one ABAP program, so what authorizations i need to have please le tme know? It is developed by our developers i want to test the program in produvction server.

Thanks

praveen

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

append transaction SA38 to a role and assign this role to yous user. SA38 can be limited to to a certain progam via object S_program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, not possible to limit the program name but the authorization group.

0 Kudos

You also cannot limit to a specific program group either, unless you place an auth group(s) on all the programs and then grant access to the one you want. There is an approach via which this can be attempted (see sticky thread at the top).

For just one program, an option which is easier to implement is to create a transaction in SE93 and grant the user access to that transaction code.

If it were a SAP standard program, then doing a where-used-list on it for tcodes should be the first step.

Cheers,

Julius

PS @ Praveen: You have a lot of unresolved questions. Are you sure about that? Please follow-up on them, as there is a limit...

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

which authorizations you need depend of course on many things.

But if you not will be using the transaction method mentioned earlier in the post you have to extend your own ABAP with own authorization checks.

You can reuse SAP-authorizations or create your own authorizations as well. It all depends on what you are trying to achieve. Some times it is wise to reuse, and some times it is wise to create own authorizations.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/52/67167f439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Good luck!

//freppe

0 Kudos

Dear Fredrik Borlie,

Do we have SAP Standard program for Authority role registration which can be import XML file using (create, modify & delete) the corresponding records from XML file into SAP DB…?