cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Access Control 5.3 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm planning the installation of SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 and have a few questions. In the software download section of SAP Service Marketplace, the most recent installation files are for Virsa 5.2. Under SAP GRC Access Control, there are no installation files that I can see. (I tried several different OSS IDs including partner ID, so I do not think it is a licensing issue) Could someone please confirm that the Virsa 5.2 files represent GRC Access control 5.3?

One reason for this question is that in Solution Manager, under Business Blueprint (SOLAR01), SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 is displayed as the default selection for Internal Controls. Is SAP planning to release installation files in the near future for SAP GRC Access Control 5.3? If so, when?

Thanks in advance,

Glen Hoaglund

Capgemini Basis Consultant

Edited by: Glen Hoaglund on Jun 3, 2008 3:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

as Access Control 5.3 is in Ramp Up state, it will only be released to all customers this autumn. So far, only customers signed in for AC 5.3 Ramp Up have access to download the software.

The latest GA (general availability) release is AC 5.2 that you found in the marketplace.

Find more at [https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000710173&]. Ramp Up completion for AC 5.3 is planned for October 1st.

Regards

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a little confused. I was told by someone in SAP that Compliance Calibrator V5.3 is available for general distribution (don't know the right terminology) in August, 2008. But it sounds like from your reply that it will be after October. Which one is correct? It makes a difference because we are on V4.0 700, and we want to upgrade to V5.2, which is available now, or wait (how long?) for V5.3.

The next question I have is that I was told V5.3 is going to be totally JAVA based - meaning there may not be an ABAP side, or a minimal usage. Is that correct? I was told that V5.2 is like half and half, and V5.3 will be totally migrated to JAVA base.

The last question is: does V5.3 require its own server? Or can it reside in the same server as other JAVA and ABAP system? In other words, do we have to budget/request a separate server for CC V5.3?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can only confirm that the product manager for SAP GRC stated that GRC 5.3 is in ramp up with expected general availability in late September/October 2008.

I would like to know the answers to your other questions also.

Thanks,

Glen

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

John & Glen-

Right now Compliance Calibrator 5.3, now Risk Analysis and Remediation, which is part of Access Control 5.3 is currently in Ramp Up, and will be available in October 2008.

You can download the User manuals for 5.3 from SAP Marketplace. That will give you an idea of what functionalities 5.3 has and how it is structured.

From my observation of 5.3, and having implemented 5.2 for some clients, 5.3 does have some functionalities which are missing in 5.2. But for setup and sizing, it is always recommended that you allocate GRC on its own server with a lot of space. The applications are very memory-intensive.

I believe FireFighter, or Superuser Privileged Access in 5.3, will still reside in the ABAP stack, with the reporting done on both ABAP and Java stacks. The bulk of the functionality of 5.3 is the same as 5.2.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please follow this path for SAP GRC Access Control 5.3

*http://service.sap.com -> Downloads -> SAP Installations & Upgrades -> Entry by Applications Groups -> SAP Solutions for Governance, Risk and Compliance -> SAP GRC Access Control -> SAP GRC Access Control -> SAP GRC ACCESS CONTROL 5.2 -> Installation and Upgrade -> Windows Server -> Microsoft SQL-Server*

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no difference between AC 5.2 and AC 5.3 in terms of Java & ABAP usage.

The GRC server is a Java/NetWeaver based application for AC 5.2 & 5.3 and you perfrom all configuration for all the applications (except firefighter/SPM) in this server. Firefighter/SPM is configured in the R/3 target system.

On your target R/3 system you install a Reat Time Agent (RTA) that is ABAP based.

AC 4.0 is a completely ABAP based application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankur, you stated "You can download the User manuals for 5.3 from SAP Marketplace. That will give you an idea of what functionalities 5.3 has and how it is structured." However, I cannot seem to find them on SAP's marketplace. Is there anyway you could post the link here?

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kirk-

You can find the user manuals by going to SMP --> SAP Support Portal -->Release & Updgrade Info --> Installation & Upgrade Guides

Look for GRC AC 5.3...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000691285

Or send me an email and I will attach the master guide to you.

Hope that helps.

Ray

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Additionally, the user manual for Access Control 5.3 can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/sbu/docu_sbs_grcac_design.htm#

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franks..thanks for the info and nic html created to consolidate the content.

Will pass this around to those who also needs it. At least they do not have to use different links for the necessary manuals.

Thanks.

Ray