cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polling a file after finish processing the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts

I want to know how can I listen to a folder, and poll a file ONLY after he finished processing.

meaning, the file could be about 10M and becuase the poll interval is every 60 seconds, the file will not finish processing, and it will be polled by the XI.

importent to add, there is no specific time when the file is processed, and we want to have a listening 24/7.

if some one know how can I make this adjustement in the XI, help will be appreciated.

if the explanation is not clear enough, will be happy to answer every Q.

Thanks

Kfir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way to handle... when a 10 MB file is being written to the drive... use temporory file name and once it is completely processed rename it with actual file name..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a standard feature for this in the Sender File Adapter like mentioned by Ravi kanth Talagana:

>file.checkFileModificationInterval=<msecs>

>Use this parameter to define a length of time (default value: 0) for the file/FTP adapter to wait after the file has been read to see if the file length changes. If this is the case, the system repeats the read procedure. This is useful if the files to be imported by the adapter are generated dynamically without being locked on the operating system level (for example, files received from FTP servers). Without this workaround, the file/FTP adapter cannot recognize whether the generation of the file is complete in such applications with operating system functions.

Source:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KFIR,

I think this is a default feature of the file adapter.

I think the file will not get picked up until it is completely processed.

Just try this test.

Deactivate your file adapter.

open a file and activate your file adpater.

It might give an error that the file is being processed.

Regards,

Ravi kanth Talagana