cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher on iSeries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install a standalone NW2004s SR3 Web Dispatcher on one of our partitions, but when the install process gets to the Install Instance Basics stage I get the errors below:

ERROR 2008-06-03 11:46:17.73

FJS-00003 TypeError: nwdb_db4.getABAPLibASP is not a function (in script NW_Webdispatcher|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 59556: ???)

ERROR 2008-06-03 11:46:23.128

FCO-00011 The step createInstanceOS4 with step key |NW_Webdispatcher|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Webdispatcher_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|7|0|NW_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|createInstanceOS4 was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :TypeError: nwdb_db4.getABAPLibASP is not a function (in script NW_Webdispatcher|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 59556: ???)).

Has anybody seen this before? If so, is it possible to get round this?

Thanks,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

We saw this error recently and have a fix available in the SR3 SAP note.

Please go to Note 1134777 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 Installation: IBM DB2 for i5/OS and download the attached control.xml zip file. Make sure the name is control.xml and that it has todays date.

This file will have the DVD structure. You can patch your installation DVDs with it, but for your installation in progress just do the following:

1. Stop SAPinst

2. Download and extract the control.xml file from the attached file.

3. Find the installation directory of your current installation and replace the control.xml you will find there.

4. Restart SAPinst and choose to continue the installation in progress.

This file should be used for other standalone installations as well.

Best regards,

Luis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

That's fixed the problem. :-D.

Many Thanks,

Dan