cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set the cursor field with ITS mobile screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing RF scanner ( Psion) working with ITS mobile. On the intial menu screen the cursor is not set by default in the selection field (RLMOB-MENOPT), Is there someone who know how to put the cursor by default in the first open field ( that should be the case normaly).

thanks for your help

regards

bruno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also having this problem. In the standard LMxx transactions it works correctly. In the custom RF transactions it doesn't work? I have all the transactions - custom and standard - in the same service using the same theme. Both the standard and custom RF use the "set cursor" in the ABAP. Both work perfectly in the SAP GUI and through telnet.

Any idea why the custom transactions won't place the cursor correctly in ITS?

Thanks,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

in fact the SET CURSOR is correctly set in the ABAP, but the cursor is not put in the indicate zone. Maybe it's due to the fact that we use an ITS in Stand alone?

regards

Bruno

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

I see. Then you should start that service in a browser on a desktop computer (for instance Firefox, IE or even Opera) and see what happens. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the browser on the PSION. From my experience many browsers on mobile devices lack supporting Javascript or CSS features we are acustomed with in the browers on our desktop computers.

In fact, there should be no difference in setting the focus from the external to the integrated ITS.

With best regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Actually we tested it on our laptop with IE 7 and Firefox with the same result. No automatic focus at all. The IE browser on the mobile device does support CSS and JS, we put some alert windows in the javascript function setFocus found in Mobile.js in the ITSMOBILE service and we did see the popup screens. The alert popups were placed after each javascript instructions and they all showed up, but still no focus.

When we copied the html code with the css and the js files and run everything locally it works. So it's only when we run the transaction from the ITS server that it doesn't work.

We submit the issue to SAP but they're still working on it. Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Quan Nguyen

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Quan,

> When we copied the html code with the css and the js files and run everything locally it works

Where did you copy the files to? What does "locally" mean? Did you test the HTML on a desktop browser or on the mobile device?

I can't believe that the same code, either generated dynamically or saved as static file, generated different behaviour.

Since the popups come up it might be the browser on the mobile device that does not work properly. This is common behaviour on elder mobile IE browsers. They only support parts of Javascript and CSS.

With best regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but i do not know where the ITS parameter should be filled, could you please give me more details?

thanks for your help

bruno

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

this is done automatically. Just set the cursor on the field in ABAP with SET_CURSOR.

With best regards,

TJ

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

the focus set on load of the page is controlled by SET_CURSOR in ABAP in the dynpro/report. The ID of the Dynpro field the cursor is set on is provided in the ITS parameter ~focusfield. When the page is loaded in the browser this field gets the focus.

With best regards,

TJ