cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Link Properties wizard doesn't display correctly.

0 Kudos

Hi, This is Dai.

I'm using Oracle DB.

When I try to create configuration of Identity Center and to config DB connection, Data Link Properties wizard doesn't display required DB provider.

The document of "SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center Getting Started" discribes that I should choose "Oracle Provider for OLE DB", however, I can't see it in the providers list.

The list of DB provider is below.

-

Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Indexing Service

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Microsoft OLE DB Simple Provider

MSDataShape

OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Directory Service

-

And I want to select "Oracle Provider for OLE DB". Are there any settings or configs before this configuration? If you have some information, please help me.

Best Regards,

Daisuke Ikari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daisuke,

have you tried "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle"?

Maybe there was a naming mismatch. The wizard says on the conenction tab (after pressing the ... button when it comes to the connection string), that this connects to Oracle databases (translated to english from german, so it can vary a bit):

Insert the following, to connect to Oracle-database"
1. Servername:

2. Insert information for login to the database:
Username:
Password:

Do you have "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" OLE DB driver installed on your machine? (I guess it should be installed though, but you never can be sure)

Best regards

Dominik

0 Kudos

Hi, Dominik,

Thank you for your quick reply again.

>>have you tried "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle"?

Yes, I tried it, but DB connection test failured.

(ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve the connect identifier specified)

>>Do you have "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" OLE DB driver installed on your machine? (I guess it should be installed though, but you never can be sure)

Yes, I haven't installed "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle OLE DB driver. Because the installation guides have no information about it. So, if you more informaiton about it, please answer below questions.

1) Can I get "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle OLE DB driver"? How/Where?

2) Do you know how to install it on the server where Identity Center installed.

Best Regards,

Daisuke Ikari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daisuke.

Ad 1) [Oracle|http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/ole_db/index.html] Yet, the Oracle page seems to be down? I cannot reach it.

[Google search for that|http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22OracleProviderforOLEDB%22download&btnG=GoogleSearch]

Ad 2) It should be an installer which you have to run (I use a remote access) on the machine where the IdM is installed.

Hope this helps and regards

Dominik

0 Kudos

Hi, this is Dai.

Thank you for your helps.

After installing the "Oracle provider for Windows OLE DB", I succeeded the initial configuration of Identity Center.

Really, I thank for your help very much.

Best Regards,

Daisuke Ikari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Dai

I also have the same issue. I use oracle database and could not find Oracle provider for OLE DB in Identity center data link properties. As you said I think we need to download Oracle Provider for OLE DB 10.1.0.4.0 from http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/ole_db/index.html ?

Please confirm that we need to download and install it.?

Also on my server sap BI is running. So does the installation of Oracle Provider for OLE DB 10.1.0.4.0 on the oracle home ( BI uses same oracle home ) will break the oracle/ sap BI application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Dominic,

>have you tried "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle"?

I tried the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle. But when I try to login to Identity center database using username mxmc_admin and password it is showing the following error

"

Method: Identity Center database login

Source: Microsoft OLD DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

Error: 80004005H (-2147467259)

Description: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified "

So do you think we need to use "Oracle Provider for OLE DB". itself as I posted on the above reply? . Please shed some light.

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sahad,

the link you posted was the same as the one in my last posting above under the "Oracle" and that driver worked for Dai.

I would edit my opening posting to avoid future irritations, but at this time it is not allowed.

Best regards

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Dominic

Thank you very much for the help.

But I am installing the IDM on a server which already runs SAP BI 7.0. so will installing ODP.NET 10.1.0.4.0 on this BI server break the SAP application BI ?

##

4. It's highly recommended that ODP.NET 10.1.0.4.0 be installed to a new Oracle Home. Installing ODP.NET on top of an existing Oracle home may break existing Oracle applications

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/install10104.html

###

Do you have any Idea about this. Please shed some light on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before saying anything else, I would simply suggest installing the IdM to a different machine, as I do not have any clues about the technical specification and data storing of BI.

If this is not possible or wanted, you should consider the following steps. But handle with care:

You could do a test and see whether a BI-system really crashes after installing IdM. I would use another machine, on which a BI is installed as a test system and then installing the ODP.NET 10.1.0.4.0 for IdM.

If you only have the BI machine, informa all users about the upcoming test. Then do a complete backup of the whole system (either an image of the whole harddisc or - if possible - of the BI database and other needed parts) and then install IdM.

As the Oracle website says, it could crash, so it could work on the one hand, but crash on the other one. If you are using a productive system, consider, that it could be down some time if the procedure fails.

However, using another machine would be the best after all.

Best regards

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dominik

What I did was installed a new oracle home on the server with database for IDM and oledb ( oracle provider for oledb, oracle for odbc etc). In the same installation itself under option "custom" (you need to have oracle installation cd to see this option as stage products) you will get oledb and data access drivers and we do not have to download it separately. There you need to select oracle windows interface 10.2. and options like oledb etc .Also on the next step click on create a database. also I have removed the oracle_home environment variable for administrator.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have similar issue as posted in first post.

I have installed -

• IDM 7.2 on wondows 2008 server (64bit)
  • installed oracle 11.2 (64bit) on same system
  • installed oracle provider ole db from - ODAC1120320Xcopy_x64.zip

I did all configuration but still "Oracle provider for ole db" doesnt exist in the data link properties wizard.

It shows only -

please help me.

Regards,

Indira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a 32 bit client installed? IDM is 32 bit and requires that type of client regardless of 64 bit database or OS.This may have relevance with your version of Oracle OLE DB.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christ,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have installed oracle client but it is 64bit.

It is Oracle Client 11.2 - 64bit.

Please confirm should i uninstall this and install 32bit client again?

and how about provider? I have installed odac64bit(11.2 version). should i also remove this and install 32bit odac( version 10.4).

Thanks & Rgds,

Indira

Former Member
0 Kudos

As it is stated on the first page of the install guide "Installing the Management Console" you must install the 32-bit version of the Oracle client for use by the IdM Management Console.

Best,

Thor Egil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thor,

Thanks for the reply!

Wud oracle 11g client(32bit) will work? or shud install oracle 10g client?

And do I need to uninstall my identity center and re-install again? since I am installing client again.

And there are 4 installation type to install a client as template says -

1. instant client
  2. administrator
  3. runtime
  4. custom.

Please let me know which one among 4 must be installed.

Thanks in advance,

Indira

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know the client installation types, but make sure you install the exact same version of the server and client. Oracle is know to have communication problems if the versions don't match.

Best,

Thor Egil

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Installing the Management Console" guide says(as below screenshot) the JVM version and db client version should match each other.

According to that I have system platform, JVM, oracle DB, oracle Client all are 64bit.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I am sorry if I am asking too many question. but I am stucked badly please help if u can.

Regards,

indira

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indira,

While the server elements of the solution are 64 bit, the client which is used by the MMC console is 32 bit, so please install the 32 bit client on the system where you are running the admin console.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can attest to this.  I am running Oracle 10.2.0.5 and tried using the 32 client for 11g with the Oracle OLE DB and received this error -- ORA-01804: failure to initialize timezone information .  I still have to use the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle, but at least I have a connection to the Identity Center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,  I installed 32 bit client. And it's working now

But now after IC initial configuration there is one more error which says-

"this identity center database is not migrated to 7.2" And when i refresh the node it also says -

"this version of identity center requires that database update 1035 is installed. the latest update installed is 1025"

I have also attached the screenshot for the same below, I also ran update-mxmc.cmd to update DB.But still same error.

please help,

Indira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indira,

The exact same thing happened to me.  Uninstall the Identity Center you have right now. Then install the new version with the Support pack 6 -- not upgrade, fresh install.  THis will take care of that error. Installer issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Oracle 11.2.0.3 in order to get rid of this error.It seems the DB version has to match the client version.  I am still having connectivity problems between the UI (On Netweaver Java 7.02 SP12) and the Identity Center.  The java connector url seems to be the issue but it looks right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

THanks for the reply!

And could you plz provide me the direct link for download( idenitty center SP6). I tried searching in SMP but cudnt find it.

And do i need to only re install idenity ccenter or all components of IDM like VDS and so on.

Thanks,

Indira

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is where I found IdM 7.2 SP6:

SAP Support Portal - Software Downloads - Support Packages and Patches - Browse our Download Catalog - SAP Netweaver and complementary Products - SAP NW Identity Management - SAP NW Identity Management 7.2 - Support Package Stack Download -- choose Start SP Stack and Target SP Stack -- choose Netweaver version (IDM for NW 7.0, IDM for NW 7.1, or IDM Federation -> next step

All components will need to be reinstalled at SP6 level. Remember on Identity Center; uninstall original 7.2 version and install SP6, NOT upgrade -> using command line. 

Good Luck!