cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table header always visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have implemented in a Web Dynpro a table, in which a tree structure as the lead column is contained. One can navigate through the hierarchical structure and expand the tree such that not all rows of the table fit on the screen. In this case, a vertical scrollbar is used.

When i now scroll to the lower positions in the table, i don't see the table headline. is it possible that the table headline is also visible, when i scroll to the lower positions in the table?

with best regards

Markus Jura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus!

Someday I had the same problem and I haven't found a solution. I think that it may be an UI enhancement to be proposed.

If your need is critical I could suggest you to create a workaround:

1) Create a Transparent container with layout as 'GridLayout' and colcount as '1'.

2) In the first row, insert a Transparent container (GridLayout too) setting the 'colcount' with the number of cols of the table (don't forget to set the width property for each cell). Insert each column header of your table as textview.

3) In the next row, insert a Group container with the scrollingMode property set as 'auto'. Set the header visibility property as 'none'. Insert your table inside this container, setting footervisible property as 'none' and visibleRowCount property as '-1'.

I think that it could 'simulate' a solution for it!

Best Regards,

Marcelo

Message was edited by: Marcelo Juventino

Message was edited by: Marcelo Juventino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some corrections to the workaround:

1) Use LABEL instead of TEXT VIEW for the COLUMN NAMES. TEXT VIEW and CAPTION don't have width property.

2) Set a height to the GROUP to create an iframe.

I did it and works fine!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers!

@Divakar - I use the pagination-solution also. But i want also that the enduser can scroll to the content of the table and can so navigate faster to the table.

@Marcelo - Thanks for this great answer. I will try that tomorrow, but it think it is in my case not so simple. My first seven columns are always available. Also the user can add a column, thus width of columns changes. So i must generate the width of the header (in the transparent container) dynamically.

See ya tomorrow.

with kind regards

Markus Jura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dzmitry,

There I expressed myself badly. I want that the columns headers are always visible.

At present my table header is above the columns header always visible. But i want that the columns header (type caption) are also always visible.

Has anyone an idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think thats the very reason of implementation of pagination logic. if you have a requirement where in you will have to list all the records then i see no option here.

You can set the pagination (Row visible in the table) so that you have maximum rows and then on use 'next'/'prev' button.

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you put your table into ScrollContainer and setup big amount of visible rows in the table? So when you scroll down all the table is rolled up and top of the table disappeared.

Why don't use the ScrollContainer and only the Table? WD Table has own scrolling possibilities (row/page down/up in the footer). Then your headers will be always visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dzmitry,

yes i but my table in a scroll container. But also the user can change the layout so that the table isn't in a scroll container and the user can navigate with the WD feature: row/page down/up in the footer (pagination).

But i thnik it more user-friendly when he scroll to the table with the scroll wheel of the mouse, because i have many rows in my table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If scroll container is obligatory, you have to create some additional controls outside it. This may be, for example, other table with one row.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table may contain TableHeader (of type Caption). It's always visible above the columns' headers regardless scrolling. You may bind its text property to some attribute.

Is this what you're searching?