Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken DC: USAGE IS FORBIDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

When I want to activate a Portal Application DC I get the following error:

Build Plugin IS NOT DEFINED for this component or the defined Build Plugin is INVALID.

I investigated further and I think this may be tha cause:

In my CBS WebUI i see that for the Compartment EP_BUILDT_1 following DCs are broken:

tc/bi/bp/pcd

tc/bi/bp/portalapplication

tc/bi/bp/uwlsda

tc/bi/eptech

When I check its used DCs it shows following error for the used SAP_BUILDT DCs (e.g. tc/bi/anttasks):

USAGE IS FORBIDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT

This is the System State for the Development System:

sap.com_EP-PSERV 7.00 14 appl645VRcurU101207

sap.com_EP-WDC 7.00 14 appl645VRcurU171107

sap.com_EP_BUILDT 7.00 14 applNW04S14RcurU1303

sap.com_EPBC 7.00 14 appl645VRcurU171107

sap.com_EPBC2 7.00 14 appl645VRcurU171107

sap.com_SAP-JEE 7.00 14 645_VAL_REL.071117

sap.com_SAP_BUILDT 7.00 14 bpscore645VRcurU1711

sap.com_SAP_JTECHS 7.00 14 NW04S_14_REL.080506

Thank you very much for your help!

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perform the following checks in order:

- Check that EP_BUILDT is listed in the "Required Software Components" table of your track definition, not in "Software Components for Development".

- Select EP_BUILDT and click the "View/Edit XML Content ..." button. You should see SAP_BUILDT listed as a used compartment.

- Check the Usage Dependencies of EP_BUILDT to SAP_BUILDT in the SLD.

Let us know the results of these checks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

thank you very much for your response.

Check that EP_BUILDT is listed in the "Required Software Components" table of your track definition, not in "Software Components for Development".

Checked: When I expand the developed software component it appears below that. But I think this only shows the dependency.

Select EP_BUILDT and click the "View/Edit XML Content ..." button. You should see SAP_BUILDT listed as a used compartment.

Checked: I could not find the XML button, but when I expand the Table row in the CMS Landscape configurator I can see the SAP_BUILDT as used compartment.

Check the Usage Dependencies of EP_BUILDT to SAP_BUILDT in the SLD.

I see "DI BUILD TOOL 7.00" as required SC. But I think within that there is SAP_BUILDT, right?

I have to say, that in the meantime I created a new track with the same setup and it works. For me the problem is solved. I would like to give you the full points though.

Thank you once again

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

DI Build Tool 7.0 is indeed SAP_BUILDT.

Judging from your "solution" A build compartment in the CBS WebUI might have done the trick as well... If you still have the old track, you can try that. Also make sure that SAP_BUILDT was actually imported into that track (again use the CBS WebUI).

Kind regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

I tried that but it didn't work. The problem is, that the CBS tried to build the broken DCs months ago and my build request did not trigger a rebuild of the broken DC.

Kind regards

Matthias

rajendrengovend
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

any luck with this, i got the same problem. after checking in ep buildt, i noticed these broken DCs in there as well.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

I have tried what was suggested before but it didn't work. As I said I created a new Track and I'm not going to investigate into fixing the old one any further.

Regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

My problem was that I had 2 tracks configured for WDP development and when I needed to develeop portal apps in them I had to add EP_Buildt manually. After this I had broken DCs in NWDI but was able to build the portalapps in NWDS.

Adding a dependency from EP_Buildt to SAP_Buildt in Landscape configurator -> Track data solved the broken DCs problem!

I chose Save and Restore and it took a few seconds before the broken DCs were rebuilt.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a SAP Note related to this:

[https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1243974|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1243974]

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am having the same problem.

We have setup a new NWDI Server, as we want to move our current NWDI to a new server. The new NWDI Server is a NW 7.0 SP16.

What i have figured is the following:

As soon as a SC which has Build dependencies its build does fail with the already posted error message "USAGE IS FOBIDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT".

E.g.:

- When i create a new track for a custom SC which does have build dependencies SAP_JTECHS; SAP_BUILDT and SAP-JEE its build does fail.

- When i create a new track for a SAP SC (E.g. SAP_MSS) the same happens.

regards,

Markus