Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency in backend goods receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

SRM 4.0, ECS.

Our users make the GR in SRM, and this is sent to the backend ECC system to update the PO. The PO is in a custom defined currency, but although the GR in SRM seems to be correct, the currency in the GR in the backend seems to be taken from the vendor master. How can I change this behaviour so that the GR's currency in SRM is also the one being posted in the backend?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. The GR will post in 2 currencies. It will post in the currency of the PO and also in the currency of the company code.

The company code is the "value in local currency" field in the GR.

The PO currency will always be taken from the vendor master.

If you want the PO to be in a different currency you can try using the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI but I think people have been trying to do this on SDN and having problems.

Effectively make sure that the vendor has the right currency on and everything should be OK.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

No, everything on the SRM side is fine - it is the posting in the backend that is changing the currency.

We do not wish to use the vendor's default currency for anything - I have enhanced my SRM system so that whichever currency the user chooses in the shopping cart in SRM, this currency is taken to the local PO, the backend PO and the local confirmation. Therefore I need somewhere to change the currency of the GR being made in the backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. If you have managed to get the PO in the right currency in both systems then everything should be OK.

The GR will have 2 currencies, the "amount in document currency" will be in the currency of the PO and the "amount in local currency" will be the currency of the company code.

For financial reasons the local currency will always be the currency of the company code as defined in finance config.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SC in SRM is in PLN.

The PO in SRM is in PLN.

The PO in ECC is in PLN.

The vendor's master data is in ECC in USD.

The GR in SRM is in PLN.

>>> The GR in ECC is in USD.

Strange type of behaviour, right? The GR in the backend ECC seems to be taken from the vendor master regardless of what I do... 😐

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are both currencies on the GR in USD or can you see USD and PLN?

What is the currency of the company code? Check the IMG in ECC Financial Accounting > Financial Accounting Global Settings > Company Code > Enter Global parameters.

If that is set to USD you should be getting 1 value in USD. If that is set to PLN then that is very strange and I would ask SAP to investigate in ECC.

Also, do you use GR based invoice verification? If you do not the currency of the GR should not really matter.

Regards,

Dave.