cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does XI work as a cache of the backend system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have a synchronous scenario like R/3->XI->webservice.

R/3 is search data from webservice via XI.Thinking of performance reason,we are planning to make XI as a data cache to work .So the R/3 not need to access backend system(webservice) any more for the same request.it only need to access Xi to get the data.As consideration,please give me a advice how i can realize it?

Brand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of having a call to the webservice (which takes lot of time )to access back-end you can also directly access the backend using java mapping. In your java mapping you can access the database.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much for your solution.yes,using java mapping

to access back end database directly seems a good idea.but i still want to know the XI whether can be as a cache to work.it is also the question from our customer.

Regards,

Brand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go ahead with value mapping too so that you need not to retreive the data everytime from the backend.

Check these once.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9202d890-0201-0010-1588-adb5e89a...

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/ba20dd7beb14438bc7b04b5b6ca300/frameset.htm

thanks,

vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still do not understand what you said.Why it need not to retrieve the data from backend system every time if i create the value mapping ?Does the value mapping has the standard function to cache the message?

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The performance reason said by you ,is it in terms of time XI takes to call the webservice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Progirl,

Yes,it is for decreasing the time to access webservice.

Brand