cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Bin while confirming TO (Picking strategy FIFO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WM experts,

We use FIFO strategy for picking. Now for an outbound delivery we have the requirement to generate TO automatically. During confirming of the TO we should have option to change the suggested Bin (in the source storage type).

Could you please confirm what settings in IMG should I take care of for achieving this.

Thanks a ton.

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything especially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I have a similar kind of requirement that when the user is picking at that time i need to change the Source Storage Bin. Can you please guide me? Really appreciate all the help provided.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal Sachdeva,

if u are dealing with project stock. systyem will always look for the stock with the WBS which is there in delivery while picking the same in warehouse.......ie u cannot pick stock other than the WBS from the warehouse.........so even if u use FIFO it should work for ur business requirement.(since u r picking the stock with same WBS)

further i dont think we can change the source bin while confirming........

this is my opinion........

experts can comment...

thanks

nagi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion, changing source Bin in a TO means creating a new TO so just cancel the one already created and create a new one with the correct Bin you want to pick from ...

KAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is at the time of TO creation(Manual TO creation), you could change the source bin. At the time of TO confirmation, this may not be possible.

You setup the manual TO creation option. This can be done.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

with regards,

Muthu Ganapathy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you Please let me know if I can have this option met.

Should I go for TR creation during delivery and then have TO created manually with reference to TR? I don't think it would work that way either? Pls confirm

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid it isn't possible...

You can set destination storage bin change for your storage type in SPRO:

Logistics Execution ® Warehouse Management ® Master Data ® Define Storage Type

You can find a field called 'Dst bin ch. during confirm'...BUT SAP help says:

'No destination bin can be entered during confirmation for

- dynamic coordinates

- return items

- Lean WM (if the destination bin is defined in the movement type)

- posting change TOs

- inventory based on putaway

- additions to existing stock in storage units

- transaction Confirm single item'

I guess you are using dynamic bins for outbound deliveries...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c6/f83e5a4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Just my opinion...

BR

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 3, 2008 8:38 AM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 3, 2008 8:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

During Putaway I have no issues . I use Next empty bin strategy and have allowed change of bin during confirmation. But while picking I want to change the source bin while confirming the TO.

Regards,

Kamal

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I guess you are using 916 storage type with dynamic bins (that dynamic bin numbers are based on the no. of delivery doc).

I have no experience with this...but if you want to realize your idea (destination-bin-change) for picking for the above mentioned outbound deliveries with dynamic bins - I think you're likely to fail according to SAP help.

(it's only my opinion )

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

What I want to change is the Source Bin during picking, not the destination Bin. I use FIFO for picking.

Hope you are clear.

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kamal,

In Std SAP, its not possible to do, better you go for Z-Transaction and fulfill your requirement..

From SAS...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reponse SAS.

Actually we have picking strategy FIFO & have Project stocks . The PO is created for Network activity and GR is done based on the same.

Now we have the requirement that the material procured for a particular project should always be issued for that Project.

My question is that when we do a delivery for the network activity , Would FIFO be on the project (WBS) level or entire Warehouse level.

Thanks a ton.!

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I wasn't careful enough...

I agree with Oaris that in standard SAP it's not possible to change the source bin during confirmation.

(Athe time of converting TR to TO you determine the source bin.)

Is it possible to use two step confirmation in SAP (in first step you confirm stock removal and in second step you confirm stock placement) but I guess source bin - change is not possible in this process either.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Go to your Picking Strategy FIFO and what the respective Storage Type is maintained,in that Stock removal control tab, you find the indicator like Propose post change at storage bin, i think its fulfill your requirement....

From sas...