cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records are not appearing in the workflow with "RECORD ADD".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a workflow with the trigger action "Record Add" and Active property set to "Yes" and Autolaunch to "Imediate".My workflow design is as follows :

Start->Set Values->Approve->Stop.

In Set values i have called assignment expression which sets some value to the item status. This expression is working fine. Whenever i add a record item status is getting filled as per the assignment expression.

In the Approve step assignee user is User2.

I have added a new record from the user id mddweb and the record has been added in the main table and i have checked the same with the User2 logon ID the newly added record. I cannt this new record in the main table "Catalog Items" and also in the workflow.

If i select the workflow there is no record in the records pane.

If i update any record its reflecting immediately in the workflow but doesnot happening the same for Record ADD.

Can give me idea what could be the problem?

Regards

Sireesha.

Regards

Sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Check with the Workflow Owners logon whether the workflow is visible or not.

Also set the Trigger action of the workflow to Manual and try manually adding the record in the workflow instead of launching the workflow on Record Add.In SP6 P2 only one workflow with Record Add and Record Update is possible.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am on MDM 5.5 SP5 [5.5.42.108]

I have checked by adding a new record with manual action.

Records are not getting added to the workflow. Then i have assigned all the available roles like admin, catalog manager,content approver,catalog user etc., to the user User2 where mddweb is also assigned the same roles. still i cannt any record under the workflow.

Could please advice me how the records are getting added to the mddwed ie., from where i am launching a workflow . after triggering the workflow why the records are not coming to the other user User2..

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another possibility can be if your Assignment step is in error while adding a record to the workflow then User2 cant get the job.

Also after adding the record refresh once of User2 logon and check whether record is visible or not?

I think your problem is not that much difficult but still i didnt get the complete idea regarding the issue.Lets wait for other replies as well.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

My assignment is working fine. There are no errors.

Did u get what i posted in the second reply.

Creating workflow, assignments, adding the record and modifying it etc., all doing from the MDDWEB logon ID. After record is added, in the workflows tab i can c a workflow which is just launched and record under that workflow. Just i have checked whether the workflow is started or not? workflow status is received.

If i login with the other User User2 i can c a workflow in the workflows tab but if i select that workflow i cannt c any record under that. This is what the problem am facing..

My doubt is if i check with the mddweb logon id i can a workflow record and why that record is not coming into the other User user2 in the workflow.

As u said is this the problem with version?or any otherelse?

Can u also please check the same at your end also..

Can anyone please suggest me...

Thanks & regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Thanks for clarification. I got the issue perfectly now.

I tried the same thing at my side and it is working fine.

Suggessions from my side:

1. Create the process step just after the Start step and assign the user as User2.

2. User2 should have only the Admin role (for time being)

3. Owrkflow owner should be user Admin

4. Add 3-4 records manually in the workflow

Check the output after performing the above steps and let us know the observations.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I have noticed that the records which are triggered thru the workflow taking 1 day time to move to the other users. bcoz i have triggered a workflow yesterday by adding 10 recs and modfied all those records i could see yesterday in the workflow. But today i can see all those records only for few minutes.

After some time i have checked it again by creating a new recorda and also modified that. Now i cannt c any record under the workflow.

In the workflow table for my workflow "Check" the property "Max Time" is set to 1 days by default. This property is grayed out. I cannt change it to 0.

How can i change this value?i.,e how should i enable it?

Is this the problem with the max time or any other time in workflow?

Can anyone suggest me...

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

This property will be enabled when Autolaunch is set to Threshold but i think you have already set it to Immediate rite?

This should not be the problem.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jitesh,

Ya.

I have noticed that the records created yesterday around 3'o clk were visible today around same time.

After some time i cannt c any records.

can u pls check the same at your end with the same properties what i had set.

If i set to threshhold and change this mat time to 0. Will the records be reflected immediately in the workflow?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Its working fine at my end.

One suggession from my side is create one simple workflow with the following design and properties

Design:

Start ---> Process1 (User=User1) ---> Process2 (User=User2) ---> Stop

Workflow properties:

Owner = User1

Trigger Actions = Manual

Autolaunch = Immediate

Login with User1 and add any one record to this Workflow

User1 should get the Workflow and then send it to the next step. Now login with User2 and check the workflow tab. You should get the Workflow record immediately.

Just check this out.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

I checked with the Start-Setvalues-Approve-Stop in the same way you tried.In the Assignee User i gave a user who has default Role.I added a rec with admin user(Admin Role)With the other user with the default role also the record is visible in the workflow tab.Is your Assignment working fine?Please check if the status is error after the workflow is triggered with the first user.

Regards,

Preethi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

I hope the <set value> step you are refering to means the assignmemnt step in the workflow.

In this case if your trigger action is record add,then as soon as you create a rec the workflow triggers and as the assignemnt is in the workflow it will run automatically so the next step is the approver as in your case.

So after creating the record the workflow should appear to the approver directly as decribed by your workflow.

And the approver has to approver the rec and then send the workflow to the stop step.

The reason you are not able to see the rec under the approver task could be as due to the start step connected to the assign step directly.

Try with putting aprocess step between the strat and approve and then check the flow.

Hope It Helped

Kindly Reward Points If Found Useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona