cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message interface is not used by this process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting this error "Message interface is not used by this process" when sending an IDOC from R/3 into XI.

The IDOC is to be collected by a BPM process.

The BPM process is active with a RC=0 in the SXI_CACHE.

The SXMB_MONI log indicates to me that it has found the correct BPM and interface mapping. But for some reason the error occurs.

I have checked the following

My BPM Process is active in SXI_CACHE

My BPM Process uses same abstract message interface as per Receiver and Interface Determination.

I can test this via Test Configuration tool and it finds the correct Receiver Determination, Interface Determination and Interface Mapping.

What else can I do ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in Integration directory whether that abstract interface is there in receiver interfaces of you BPM.

If it is fine them you can reactivate your BPM in transaction SXI_CACHE. This should solve your problem.

Regards

Sami

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they were already on the Integration Process in the Integration Directory. And it was already Active in run time cache.

IDOC coming into XI (AFS/DELVRY03) matches the abstract message interface that has been defined.

In the SXMB_MONI log it indicates that it found a match as it found the associated interface mapping and also executes the message mapping to turn the IDOC AFS/DELVRY03 into it's abstract form that will be used by my BPM.

But I get "Message interface is not used by this process". I assume it is talking about the BPM process.

What other reasons other than what you've suggested could also be the problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

>>also executes the message mapping to turn the IDOC AFS/DELVRY03 into it's abstract form that will be used by my BPM.

If you are sure about this check the Cache Update of the bpm date & time in the SXI_CAHE. If it is an old version reactivate the BPM in IR and ensure that cache updation time changes in sxi_cache.

rgds

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I had already check run time cache SXI_CACHE and the timestamp agrees - I also forced a reactivation but it still gives the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

It can also happen if the BPM receives the message and it is not used by the subsequent steps.

Or in your bpm after transformation step, the target/output message is not used in the subsequent steps.

Or u r using an interface in a send step which is not initialized by the previous steps.

Go to IR -> Integration Process -> Check

Check if there are any warnings like

>>Container element input in step Receive1 is initialized but is not used

>>Container element output in step Send1 is not initialized

rgds

Arun

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you map ur Idoc into the abstract interface having Iodc in its structure. Becoz Idoc will come to XI by ALE settings and it will treat as AFS/DELVRY03 interface. whereas your BPM is using a abstract interface having Idoc as its Message type. You have to create a interface mapping having one-to-one mapping between your Idoc interface and your abstract message interface.

This should solve your problem.

Regards

Sami

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In answer to Sami :

I have an Abstract Async message interface with IDOC message type WHSORD./AFS/DELVRY03

This is used in my Interface Mappings and my BPM via Interface Determination

This interface mapping has as source the IDOC WHSORD./AFS/DELVRY03

and the target as the Abstract Async message interface.

I'm sure that is correctly done.

In answer to Arun :

In the BPM I do have a warning message

that container element (con_Delivery) for the IDOC in the receive step is initialised but not used.

But it is used - it is used in the container operation - as I am collecting the IDOC

into a multiline container. In the Container step I do reference con_Delivery via the Expression property value (I've selected this as Interface Variable - and it does not have

an XPath expression as it is not allowed).

By the way the exact same warning message is given in the SAP standard Process pattern BpmPatternCollectTime

So I do not think that is the problem.