cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Editor loosing Schedule's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems we have a gremlin in our system, we have3+ schedules residing in C:\Lighthammer\Scheduler, however on regular occurrence they will not show up in the Schedule Editor and hence not be run.

However if we copy then and paste them back with a different name they miraculous show up and begin working. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason,

What version of xMII are you running? What have you named the schedules?

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are runnning 11.5.1 b63 on 6 xMII boxes, however this problems only shows up on 1.

the schdueles are present are named

2xMII_MsgHandlerDispatchMsgEOIO

2xMII_MsgHandlerPurgeMsg

2xMII_MsgHandlerDispatchMsgEO

before they dissapeared they where named

1xMII_MsgHandlerDispatchMsgEOIO

1xMII_MsgHandlerPurgeMsg

1xMII_MsgHandlerDispatchMsgEO

and there original names and names used on other boxes

xMII_MsgHandlerDispatchMsgEOIO

xMII_MsgHandlerPurgeMsg

xMII_MsgHandlerDispatchMsgEO

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason,

This is just a guess, but I think that the number in the first position is the problem. There are a number of other instances that I have run into where either the name gets lost inside xMII or gets renamed with an underscore in front of the first position number. Please try your naming convention with "A1" at the beginning instead of "1" and see if that works.

Good luck,

Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reconfirm the schedule xml files in C:\Lighthammer\Scheduler to make sure no strange differences exist between the 5 normal behaving servers and the one in question.

Also as an FYI - 11.5.4 b73 is the latest.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately we have to stay with the older version as itu2019s the same as the production version and unfortunately there is too much content to test and wouldnu2019t warrant the upgrade.

Back to the server in question, the 1 major difference is that this server regularly looses power because its based on site, however I would of imagined xmii would persist its schedules, even thought they physically exist they donu2019t show up in the scheduler.

lawrence_prinsloo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

just a thought ... could it not be a windows problem? If xMII is reading the file at the time of a power failure, could it not corrupt the file, or hold a lock on the file which won't give xMII access to read it, etc...?

I know from past experiences with logging into an xml file (not recommended), I had a transaction that was bombing out (due to bad code). After I'd killed the services, etc... to stop the transaction, there was a lock left on the xml file so I couldn't access it. I had to copy the file, delete the old file and re-name the copy to its original name. Although tedious, that seemed to work for me - at least to start debugging my txn. My guess is that if the server is not turned off correctly, this may create a similar scenario for you? Give it a try, at least to maybe troubleshoot what the problem could be.

Just out of curiosity, you didn't happen to work in South Africa at Hatch did you - name sounds very familiar?