Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Please give me a generic answer, if you could:

How many pipelines are there in the Integration Server?

1. Receiver Identification, Interface Identification, Message Branch, Request Message Branch, Outbound Binding, Call Adapter, Request Message Mapping

2. Receiver Identification, Interface Identification, Message Branch, Request Message Branch, Outbound Binding

3. Message Branch, Request Message Mapping, Outbound Binding, Call Adapter, Request Message Mapping

Or may be I am asking the question wrong. Could someone please help.

Thanks,

Adnan Abbasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adnan,

You seem to be a bit confuesd about it. The step by step processing of message in the Integration Server is called as pipeline. It follows a queue concept, ie, First In First Out.Hence the name Pipeline. The steps are as follows:

Receiver Determination, Interface determination, Routing, Mapping, call adapter

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to thank you guys for your excellent replies. Its quite simple. The way I can remember it is:

R eceiver Identification

I terface Determination

M essage Split

M apping

T echnical Routing

C all Adapter

Thanks a lot guys,

Regards,

Adnan Abbasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)where we have to see the pipeline steps,

In sxmb_moni transaction

To view Pipe line execution steps(You should have access to SXMB_ADM:

1.Go to SXMB_ADM.

2.select Display Pipeline defination option.

3.Select PipeLine Id as (SAP_CENTRAL).

4.Click on Pipelineelement tab.

Then u can see the pipe line steps exactly.

It is part of the XI runtime and the message flow.

1) Receiver Determination: Determines the system that participates in the exchange of the message.

2) Interface Determination: For each receiver determine which interface will should receieve the message.

3) Message Split: If more than one receievers are found, Xi will instantiate new message for each receiver.

4) Message Mapping: Mapping to transform the source message to destination message format.

5) Technical Routing: Bind a specific destination and protocol to the message.

6) Call Adapter: Send the transformed message to the adapter or a proxy.

Please reward points if it helps

Thanks

Vikranth

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

pipeline is a set of services that process XML messages

on the integration engine

When a source message reaches the Integration server, it performs 6 steps before the message reaches the destination. The steps are:

1) Receiver Determination: This steps determines the system that participates in the exchange of the message.

2) Interface Detremination: For each receiver determine which interface will should receieve the message.

3) Message Split: If more than one receievers are found, Xi will instantiate new message for each receiver.

4) Message Mapping: Mapping to transform the source message to destination message format.

5) Technical Routing: Bind a specific destination and protocol to the message.

6) Call outbound Adapter: Send the transformed message to the adapter or a proxy.

One can examine these steps in Runtime Workbench using the Transaction: SXMB_MONI.

XI pipleine steps are-

Sender Agreement->Reciever Determination->Interface Determination->Interface Mapping->Reciever Agreement.

1) Sender adapter will poll the data into XI . This is carried out by Adapter Engine

Once it reached XI, it will in XI Message pipeline in the integration engine.

2) Reciever Determination is executed - to look into who is the reciever

3) Then Interface determination- Sender Interface and Reciever Interface Mapping

4) reciever Agreement- with adapter or proxy structure.

Regards

Sami

Reward points if helpful.