cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration not possible for material xxxxxxx : Reason 3 --> Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to create a sales order and this message (neither an error nor a warning but just a informative message. so it rules out the incompleteness procedure angle too) stops me from creating one. Could you please tell me why?? Its just a regular standard order with material of type FERT (though I got the same message for other material types like HAWA. So it rules out the issue being with the Material Type).

Configuration not possible for material 000000000300000016 : Reason 3 --> Help

Message no. V1360

Diagnosis

This may have been caused by one of the following:

1. The configuration profile for the material allows or requires the bill of materials to be exploded during order processing. However, a plant has not been specified in the item.

2. The configuration profile of the material allows or requires the bill of materials to be exploded during order processing, but the order quantity in the item must be greater than 0.

3. A configuration profile has not been maintained

or

A configuration is not permitted for the material

or

4. The configuration profile of the material allows or requires the bill ofmaterials to be exploded during order processing. However, the system could not determine a date because important data is missing from the item (see incompletion log).

Please suggest.

Thanks,

-Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Hi,

one should check with transaction CU41 of the configuration profile has been defined in relation to this material

Rgds,

Michal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I appreciate your intention to help the members but at the same time, please also see that you respond to a latest discussion and not a one that is 10 years old, thereby, you pushed such an old discussion to top of the forum.

ole_geismar2
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the Material Master Record for the fileds - Item Category Group and also General Item Category Group and see if the same value is maintained in both the fields.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the BOM area of the Item category TAN in VOV7. I doubt some configurations have been made in that area, which is not supposed to be done.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was a good thought. I went and checked, but that section is all empty. Nothing is checked/selected here. What else cud be the reason?

Material Type is FERT

Item Category Group is NORM

Item Category is TAN

I have checked the BOM section in TAN, and its all empty (no selection made) and on expected lines.

I somehow believe that it has nothing to do with with Material (though the message suggests so), because, this message appears for other Material Types too. Or may be something was done and it started affecting all the material types.

Apparently this started happening recently, and the same set of parameters entered to create an order earlier did not give this message. So, something was done in recent past which messed up things.

Thanks,

-Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could it be something to do with the Reqts Type??

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, it's actually the relevant Reqts Class, this has an indicator for configuration = mandatory or allowed or not allowed.

Brian

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the item category determined in the sales order for that line item.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the Item category. Its TAN as expected. Hmm....what else could be the reason. I guess someone has messed up some standard SAP configurations that's causing this issue. I just need to figure that out.

Thanks for your help.

-Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the material master Basic data 2 tab, whther the material is configurable box is checked ??? If yes, then uncheck the same. If it is coming for all the material which belongs to a particular material type, then you need do the setting for the material type.

Go to Logistics General --> Material Master --> Basic Settings --> Material types --> Defins attributes for material types.

Select the particular material type and check whther material is configurable is active or not. If active then disable it.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already checked those configurations. They are all unchecked and fine. The issue doesn't seem to be at the material side.

Could you please suggest any other possibilities.

Thanks,

-prashanth