cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is de purpose of the path "Settings for Vendor Synchronization"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am working with the implementation of SRM 5.0 in extended classic scenario and I have a doubt. What is the purpose of the following path in transaction SPRO:

SAP Implementation Guide -> Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Technical Basic Settings -> Settings for Vendor Synchronization :

1) Make Global Settings

2) Define Settings for Each Backend System

Thanks

Ivá

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa, this information is very useful.

One more thing, if I use EBP in one client and SUS in other, I need maintain this in SUS or just it is needed in EBP.

Thanks,

Ivá

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the IMG activity document. Left side of Execute icon.

Define Settings for Each Backend System

Use

In Customizing for the vendor synchronization, you define for which mySAP or R/3 Backend Systems and the EBP System you wish to automatically synchronize the vendor master data. This setting is necessary in order to start a Job -based synchronization, so that the vendor data that has been newly created or changed in the backend system can be regularly updated in the EBP System.

Note

You can continue to use the programs BBPGETVD for vendor replication and BBPUPDVD for vendor update. The settings that you make here are independent of both of these programs. Only if you use program BBP_VENDOR_SYNC for automatic vendor synchronization, must you make the settings here.

Regards,

Masa