cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grey Rating on EWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

Today I've got grey rating on our EWA report (dwsp), indicated "session has no rating".

I've read notes related to that problem, and what I'm doing today is :

1. I've Delete and Replace Service Definitions,

2. Create New Service Preparation Check and run immediately

3. Create Service Definition and run immediately

4. Create Refresh Sessions and run immediately

but still grey :cry: , can not produce EWA Repot as ussual...

FYI:

SOLMAN (Kernel 700, patch no. 124), ST_PI 2005_1_700 level : 0003

PRODUCTION (Kernel 700, patch no. 137), ST_PI 2005_1_700 level : 0006

Anyone can help me, pleaseeee...

Thanks

Regards,

Della

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you sent the report from the remote system? That looks like a service that might be missing from the tasks in SDCCN.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

thanks for your reply..

Do we have to send the report manually from the remote system?

Normally our EWA generate report automatically every Monday.

How to do that??

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the remote systems I have worked on I have had to go into SDCCN on the remote systems and setup the task that sends session data. You can change the task to be periodic so it sends the report every week (which I think is the default).

~ Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

actually the data is automatically sent from remote system every week..(our EWA automatically create session for that)

I've follow your recommendation just now (send session data) and I create refresh session data... but still can't solve the problem

My big question is, can the grey service become green (and will produce the report) or do we have to delete/archive the grey service, and create the new one and then run the EWA session from SDCCN ?

Thanks

Edited by: Rosa Della on Jun 3, 2008 4:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should not have to delete the service and re-create it. What should happen is the remote system sends the EWA data and then you get the icon (looks like two vials) that shows the data has to be processed. If the light is still grey, the you might want to check the log on the remote system to see if there was any failure in the transmission of data over the RFC link.

~ Joe

deidre_logan
Participant
0 Kudos

We have the same issue in our production ERP system. I see the Session data from SDCCN in solution manager for this system.

So the RFC is OK... when the SM:EXEC job run it creates a YELLOW report for Development, test and Consolidation but a GREY status for production.... this is the one I want....

There are NO error messages in the background job and the Session data looks similiar to the data in the other systems and the production data that worked last month...

HELP...

thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do not waste your time refreshing/replacing service defintions, as this is not related to Grey rated EWA reports.

Lisa has already provided the best resource to fidn the cause and that is SAP Note 762696.

A system is grey rated when important information is missing.

Regards,

Paul

deidre_logan
Participant
0 Kudos

We had just applied support packs... I guess it introduced a new error..... The issue is because in in 7.0 EHP1 the SM:EXEC* job does not fail...when I run the job in foreground I get a BCD_OVERFLOW on the calculation of the RFC dialog response time...as documented in OSS note 1444793. I am on patch 1 of the ST-SER 701_2010 I need to apply patch 2 or higher... patching again.

thanks,

Deidre Logan

LisaDeady
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is the EWA for a Java only system or a dual stack?

A grey alert can mean that the system is not correctly recognised. - Check the definition is correct in SMSY.

SAP note 762696 gives some other causes of this. Mainly if the EWA is for a Java system, it can get a grey alert if it is not defined as NON-ABAP. A report gets a grey rating if key information is missing, so that the values that were measured can not be put in a context.

You can also check that you are using the most recent service definitinos by refreshing them in SDCCN for the solman then the satellite system. (SAP note 727998)

I hope some of this helps.

Regards,

Lisa