cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted/ Trusting RFC Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I noticed some problems with my trusted/ trusting relationships and was hoping some peole could shed light on the situation.

Where is the configuration of trusting connections in SMT2 used? How is it used?

Could someone please define the purpose of configuring SMT2 and SMT1. I have looked all over for an explanation of the trustING portion of the trusted/trusing relationship and have not found nothing to clarify this piece of the puzzle.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Here is something written about smt2 (at the end).

I think I might be have the same problem.

Almost everything is red without None and under this is the same server it is running.

We don't have a router or so like in their description.

But there is also standing, that you can ignore the errors.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

René

Edited by: Rene Hinsch on Jun 3, 2008 10:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

I have followed the same link , but still getting the error RC=1 in the solman system , and while I check in SMT2 in the satellite system, it gives me a service 'sapmsI41' unknown error.

now this means I have to update the message server name in the services file.

and we can ignore the error RC=0 only in the SMT2, and that too after the first logon is successful.

I am a little confused as to whether the RFC mentioned under SMT1 should be used as the Trusted RFC or do we need to create the trusted RFC separately after defining the system as trusted system in SMT1.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaustubh,

1. Create a RFC-Destination (in SolMan) in SM59 (i.e. name: C00 ), with satellit adress and checked Trusted=No.

No further login data to fill out. This is a separate RFC (so I did).

2. In SMT1 you add a trusted system with the destination above (i.e. C00 ).

3. Doing Points 1 + 2 also in satellit system

4. Create RFC-Destinations (i.e. with wizzard)

5. Check Trusted = yes

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

René

Edited by: Rene Hinsch on Jun 4, 2008 1:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the clear picture.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

GaryP
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

If I create the TRUSTING_SYSTEM@SID destination manually in SM59 entering the language and client everything works fine.

The problem is with the automatic generation. As when SMT1 or SMT2 is run the destination is regenerated and the language and client are lost and then the connection fails.

Have you experienced this?

Thanks

Gary