cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see View Layout in ABAP Webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created Webdynpro component in SE80. I had created all the required things like WD Component, View, Window etc. When I try to opne the View layout I was unable to see the layout of the view. It just opens the element structure of the view but not the Graphical representation of the view.

Say for example if the view cosists of Table, text field, button etx, when the view is opend it should show the graphical layout and the element structure, but its just showing me the element structure of the view but not graphical representation.

Could any through some light, what could be the problem?

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Is it throwing some error that page can't be found . if yes try to activate the services using this link

[Services]

or layout may be hidden . You can click the button 'Show/Hide Layout preview' in the toolbar.

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not looking for layout preview. I think what you are mentioning is generating preview of the WD appliocation created.

What I was mentioning was, the layout tab which shows graphical representation of the view.

i.e the say if you add the UI elements like Text Field, Label, Table to the view these elements can be viewd in Graphical layout where you can drag and drop the emelemts. Iwas unable to see this Graphical layout.

To say exactly the Layout tab for the view is divided into three sections "UI Element Library", "View Designer" and "UI Element Hierarchy and properties". Out of these 3 sections the View Designer part is missing when I open the Layout for the View. I didn't understand why I am unable to see that section.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I am talking about design time only. Are you seeing any thing in view designer. Some time View designer also shows the message 'Page can't be found'.

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

It doesn't show any thing, out of those 3 sections I am able to see only the "UI Element Hierarchy" the remaining 2 "UI Elements Library" and "View Designer" anre not at all shown.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

When I click on the Show/Hide Preview button it shows the following message pasted belwo:

========================

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http://<Host:Port>/sap/bc/wdvd call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note

The termination occurred in system <R/3 sys Name> with error code 403 and for the reason Forbidden.

The selected virtual host was 0 .

What can I do?

Please select a valid URL.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

ErrorCode:ICF-NF-http-c:000-u:SAPSYS-l:E-i:wrlspd01_RD2_10-v:0-s:403-r:Forbidden

HTTP 403 - Forbidden

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

=====================

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to activate the services i mentioned from SICF transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

When I clicked on the links Services you provided in earlier relply it takes me to generic forum page.

Could you please provide me with service names in SICF

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this link

[services|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for the informatio. I have to contact administrator to activate thise service. Once I chcek those I will award you the points.

Regards,

Ravi.

Answers (0)