SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on IS-OIL Downstream and Upstream (PRA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any one has the full cycle config document on IS-OIL Downstream and Upstream (PRA) and Please let me know where l will get the SAP training for PRA module , Cuurently i am working for one fortune 100 company on FICO in USA and I need to learn PRA module , Please advise me if you know nay thing or if you have any documents send to me

pineni at(@) gmail.com

Thanks

Uttham.

Edited by: purushotham ineni on Jun 2, 2008 10:34 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditi

A local oil company in my area is interested in Oil & Gas Downstream for SAP Business One. Does this differ from IS-OIL? I wasn't able to find any information pertaining specifically to Business One Oil & Gas. Any info. you could provide would be most helpful.

Thanks, Susan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uttham,

Here is a description of Upstream and Downstream related to IS-OIL . Also there is a link where you can study about this in detail .

UpStream :- In Oil and Gas industry initial investment is very high for locating the source for crude oil and then getting the permission for the government of the country where that source lies and then extraction of the oil. a company all along can not bear that expanse so it involves big join ventures ... and in this if you notice then the material (crude oil) is following up .. i.e. from underground source to refineries .. this is called up streams and this covers join venture accounting, and all the finance related stuffs. for more detail on this check out this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil472/helpdata/en/ec/9d2c3adcc8431be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Downstream :- This includes the refinement, storage, transportation, measurement and retail of final oil and gas product ......

In existing core R/3 sales and distribution a lot of changes has been done for down stream oil and gas functionality. for more detail in this please check out this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil472/helpdata/en/09/c7183619b5a45ee10000009b38f889/frameset.htm.

I hope this would have answered your question . Please rewards points if helpful.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditi

A local oil company in my area is interested in Oil & Gas Downstream for SAP Business One. Does this differ from IS-OIL? I wasn't able to find any information pertaining specifically to Business One Oil & Gas. Any info. you could provide would be most helpful.

Thanks, Susan

0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

The SAP Business One solution is an affordable, integrated business management solution designed specifically for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). For the first time, business owners have a single system that was built to automate business processes and delivers a true and unified picture of critical, up-to-the-minute business information across customer relationship management, manufacturing, and finance. With SAP Business One, owners can increase the profitability of their buisness in less value which means that in SAP Buisness One , you will get less features which are used most frequently than IS-OIL.

If the local company wants to know more diffrences , they can always visit the site www.sap.com and can show there interest in any product they want. If you want me to do so let me know, I can contact our sales team and they will get in touch with you. Just post the company details..

I hope I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditi.