Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Analysis Authorization - Auth relevant characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an upper limit on the number of characteristics which can be authorization relevant for a particular InfoCube?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so, but try to limit the number of characteristics that are authorization relevant.

0 Kudos

I have been asked to secure a lot of characteristics due to privacy concerns and was having a problem in accomodating all of them. Having auth relevant characteristics in the cube does not pose a problem. However, having too many of them ( 18 auth relevant characteristics seems to be a limit) in the query results in a message that there were too many characteristics.

I was wondering if there was a reference to this in standard SAP literature so that I can go back to my business partners with something concrete.

0 Kudos

I got a message from SAP that the maximum number of auth relevant characteritics without full authorization in a query is limited to 16. Closing the question.