cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of Technician to Multiple Plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

The technicians to whom work is distributed, cover multiple plants in different company codes. The user dependent settings allow one plant, one work centre, one plant and one planner group. It is not possible to duplicate a user key to allow additional entries.

Although we can download the technical objects to the technician, when he raises an order, his user dependent settings act as defaults for these fields and prevent a full selection of all possible plants etc..

How can this be resolved?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is very much possible to achieve with standard MAM functionality.

Ideally there will be only one workcenter and one plant associated as a default to a particular user on the backend in the User Dependent settings and that will be defaulted on the client whenever we create an order, but you can always change the default values to include a different workcenter and plant which are avaiable as a part of order processing customization in the backend.

I will tell you how exactly you can do this on the backend so that you can achieve the same on the client.

In SPRO->Plant Maintenance and Customer Service ->Maintenance and service Processing -> Mobile Asset Management -> Go to Determine Order Processing.

Choose your order profile and copy the name given under column "Work Center Profile" and click on "Work Center Profile" on the left tab.

Now you can add the copied work center profile name with all the workcenters and plants.

And again go back to "Mobile Asset Management" and click on User depdendent settings. Here you can give the default workcenter and plant.

Now you have to replicate the MAM25_090 or MAM30_090 and for safe side MAM25_095 or MAM30_095 also on the middleware.

After that do a sync from the client and all these workcenters and plants will be downloaded as a part of MAM25_090 Item 090 instances.

Next time whenever you create an order, you can change the workcenter in the create screen by clicking the picker and i think plant will be defaulted. Not sure because i have done long back.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Siva.

PS:Reward with some points if you find the post useful.

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I suppose your question is about MAM?

If yes, as you mentioned MAM only supports one workcenter and plant for a user.

Solutions for this are either change business and play with workcenters structure or implement BADIs for order and notification lists to change standard behavior. This way you can either completely bypass standard BAPIs and introduce customer logic on how orders and notifications are associated with a user or alter list filled by MAM by adding or removing orders/notifs.

Customer should decide if they want to go with custmer enhancements for this or change business processes to fit into standard MAM.

Best regards,

Larissa Limarova