Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"COMMUNICATION FAILURE" during JCo call. Error opening RFC connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying the following scenario

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/05/11/how-to-use-digital-certificates-for-signing-encrypting-messages-in-xi

In SM 59 test connection of AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER throws error " Error opening RFC connection"

Do I need to activate any service in SICF and do I need to do any IE configuration (sxmb_adm)

pls let me know the steps to solve this

thanks

manian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Manian,

Did you follow the same steps as described here?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/be/6e0f41218ff023e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manian,

pls chk with ABAP system tha tu have given the correct PWD and CLNT No

Use

You need to create the following RFC destinations with both transaction SM59 (ABAP) and the Visual Administrator (Java):

● AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER

Points from the Integration Server to the mapping runtime. The program ID corresponds to the entry under JCo RFC provider for the J2EE Engine (used for the mapping runtime, value mapping, and the exchange profile).

● AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER

Points from the Integration Server to the Integration Builder. The program ID corresponds to the entry under JCo RFC provider for the J2EE Engine (used to refresh the runtime cache).

● LCRSAPRFC

The RFC destination LCRSAPRFC is required for the connection to the System Landscape Directory (SLD). It is used to read the exchange profile.

● SAPSLDAPI

The RFC destination SAPSLDAPI is required for the connection to the SLD. It is used by the ABAP API.

Depending on your client settings, it may be necessary to log on to your Integration Server host as SAP system user with the authorization to maintain customizing tables and to release transport orders.

User SAP* or DDIC does not have these authorizations

Thanx

Sampath