cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order with multiple Installment Payment (Invoices) to be generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks I have been reviewing Billing Plans, both Periodic and Milestone, and nither seem to be able to help me out.

I have a very simple request from my customer and can not believe SAP has no option for it (as far as I can determine).

We want to sell an item (XYZ) to the customer, then deliver it, then have 6 or 9 or 12 equal monthly bills generated and sent to the customer.

Example: - Item XYZ sale price is $60,000. Sales order created for 1 item.

- Delivery complete and posted (shipped) to customer.

- That night (after the delivery is complete), we create/send first invoice for $10,000.

- The subsequent 5 invoices for $10,000 each will be sent on the monthly anniversery date of the

delivery.

We also have requirements for something like 20% down and the remainder paid off in 9 or 12 monthly installements, but I believe I can review the down payment information in configuration.

I am not really a configurator, just an ABAP'er (the only one). We have no configurators here at my company, so please bear with me on this issue.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No longer needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not quite sure why milestone billing plan does not satisfy your needs. In there you can simply enter dates and values and then, providing your billing due list is set for order-related billing, the invoices will be generated as required.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, the one problem I am having is that when you enter in material on line item 10 of a new Sales Order, then double click in the line item to get to the "Bill Plan" item tab, then click on the "Bill Plan" tab, a POP-UP window displays asking for a NETWORK number or a WBS Element.

We do not have Project Systems set up here at my company, so we do not use NETWORK or WBS Elements.

I can get by the little pop-up screen, by clicking the red "X" and I can enter in dates and percentages on the Billing Plan tab, but when I look at the "AZWR" Pricing Condition it is $0.00 and only the PR00 condition has a dollar value. Should I only see the AZWR pricing condition in the Conditions tab or should the PR00 show the Sale Item's value (say $40,000) and the AZWR condition show what we want for a down payment (say $10,000)?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi scott

You can make this using down payment configurations in SAP

please go through the configurations of down payment

Make the following down payment configurations

item category group - 0005

item category - TAO

for this TAO item category a billing plan 01 (milestone billing plan -01) will be assigned and its billing relevance should be I which is order related billing .

billing doc type - FAZ

cancellation billing doc type - FAS

maintain a condition type AZWR which is down payment settlement , it has requirement as 2 and calc type as 48 acct key as ERL

Now when you enter a material in line item 10 and go to item data , you can see the billing plan tab.

now go to billing plan tab and enter the start date and enter the dates on which billing has to be done and then in billing request enter 0009 which is for down payment.once u press enter automatically it all the dates get blocked and billing request by default you get as 1 , that you change it to 4 or 5 . 4 is for down payment at value basis and 5 is for down payment at percentage basis. and beside that there will be a billing type .assign billing doc type as FAZ. to all dates

check the copying requirements are there at VTFA as 20 and for item category TAO copying requirements 23 is maintained or not

now do the cycle OR - LF - FAZ (billing doc type)

Now in your case enter 50% of the net value automatically the remaining amount will get calculated

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinath,

when you say " maintain a condition type AZWR which is down payment settlement ", are you saying that I sould copy the Pricing Strategy that is normally used for Order Type "OR" to a new "Z" version and then remove the PR00 condition and replace it with the AZWR condition type?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi scott

AZWR is the standard condition type which is available in SAP and there is no need to copy . from PR00 like that . Just as you assign PR00 condition type in your pricing procedure , in the same way assign AZWR condition type in the same pricing procedure .It has reqt 2 and alt calc type 48

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the configuration you stated, now when I create a sales order and enter in the material and quantity on line 10 and try to go to the Header (or detail line) Bill Plan tab, a pop-up screen asking for either a Milestone parameter or a WBS Element is displayed.

We have neither here at my company.

We just want to see the Bill Plan screen where we can enter in the dates and amounts of the monthly payments.

Scott.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scott

You can try with this option.

Go to OBB8, select the box "Instalment Payment". Next go to OBB9 and maintain different payment terms and maintain instalments accordingly. Now you maintain these payment terms in sale order

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried what you suggested (from one of your ealier posts to another person who had a similar problem as mine).

I created a Payment term with just the "Installment Payment" flag turned on (IP06)

Then via OBB9 I created 6 entries:

Payment Terms Inst. Percentage Pymt Term

IP06 1 16.67 NT00 (NT00 is defined as due immediate)

IP06 2 16.67 NT30

IP06 3 16.67 NT60

IP06 4 16.67 NT90

IP06 5 16.67 NT12 (NT12 is 120 days)

IP06 6 16.67 NT15 (NT15 is 150 days).

But when I created the Order, delivered it, and ran VF04 and generated the first bill, the entire amount ($60,000) was invoiced.