cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Workplace installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

I am trying to install the SAP Developer Workplace onto a laptop. I have successfully done this exact install with the same media three times, but on this fourth laptop, I am having an issue.

The install put a J2EE 7.0, a MAXDB instance and a Developer Studio suite on the laptop. There are 41 steps in the install process and the processing is failing at Step 28 (installing the J2EE). Here is what I see in the error log.

Info: ***** Begin of File-System Deployment com.sap.netweaver.bc.crt.heartbeat *****

Info: Deploy Action is UPDATE

Info: Update - no information about previously deployed files available. Deploy new files only.

Info: Deploying Fileset SAP Netweaver BC Component Runtime Heartbeat / com.sap.netweaver.bc.crt.heartbeat_FS to C:/usr/sap/J2Z/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/deployment/pcd

Info: Fileset SAP Netweaver BC Component Runtime Heartbeat deployed successfully

Info: ***** End of File-System Deployment com.sap.netweaver.bc.crt.heartbeat *****

Info: Finished successfully: development component 'com.sap.netweaver.bc.crt.heartbeat'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0009.20060825141640.0000'/'1':

Deployment was successful

Info: Starting to save the repository

Info: Finished saving the repository

Info: Starting: Update: Selected development component 'com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0009.20060825141640.0000'/'1' updates currently deployed development component 'com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0009.20060825141640.0000'/'0'.

Info: ***** Begin of File-System Deployment com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol *****

Info: Deploy Action is UPDATE

Info: Update - no information about previously deployed files available. Deploy new files only.

Info: Deploying Fileset com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol / com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol to C:/usr/sap/J2Z/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/deployment/pcd

Error: Error: Could not extract file META-INF/SAP_MANIFEST.MF from archive C:/usr/sap/J2Z/JC00/SDM/root/origin/sap.com/com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol/SAP AG/1/7.0009.20060825141640.0000/com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol.sda

Error: Additional error message is:

Error: C:usrsapJ2ZJC00j2eeclusterserver0appssap.comirjservlet_jspirj ootWEB-INFdeploymentpcdMETA-INFSAP_MANIFEST.MF (Access is denied)

Error: Error deploying Fileset com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol to C:/usr/sap/J2Z/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/deployment/pcd

Info: ***** End of File-System Deployment com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol *****

Error: Aborted: development component 'com.sap.netweaver.bc.protocol'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0009.20060825141640.0000'/'1':

Deployment was not successful

Info: Starting to save the repository

Info: Finished saving the repository

Error: -

At least one of the Deployments failed -

As you can read, one of the deployments failed. The fact that an "access is denied" error appears is confusing to me. The install had no difficulty deploying/installing any of the software prior to this issue. I am logged onto the laptop with a local Admin account. The same type of account I used when setting up the other three laptops. Again, I am using the same media and following the same procedures. The laptops are all Windows XP SP2. The one in question has 2GB of RAM and plenty of free HDD.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bryan,

This is a known issue i think, please check the following thread

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (0)