cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Java Listener - not raising event on Import ( MDM Import Manager)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have create a Java Application and I have activated a Listener for a repository using the New MDM Java API.

The event are raised on adding or modifing records using Data Manager but when i add or modify records using Import manager ( i.e executing a import) the newly added records are visible in the data manager but the events are not raised in the listener ( java Application)

Is there any SAP Note that resolves this issue . Is this only me or the other MDM Gurus are also facing the same issue .

Thank in advance . Any help or leads are appreciate by allotting points .

Regards, Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

Which version of MDM are you on? Are you using 5.5, SP6, Patch 2?

One observation is that when a user adds a record in Data Manager, that is a [DataListener |http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/SP06/com/sap/mdm/notification/DataListener.html]event:

public void recordAdded(RecordEvent event);

However, when a record is imported into MDM, that is a [RepositoryListener |http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/SP06/com/sap/mdm/notification/RepositoryListener.html]event:

public void importProcessed(ImportEvent event);

Therefore, accessing some data-related events, such as data import events and changes to data relationships, is going to require a RepositoryListener instead of a DataListener.

I hope this helps.

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

Thanx for the inputs , they were really helpful.

In addition to my previous argument , the events are raised when we add or update records using Import Manager to the Lookup tables ( i.e flat or qualified ..etc) , but when it comes to "Main Table" the event are not getting raised .

I guess , this mean it's a glitch in the API rather than a concept like RepositoryListener instead of a DataListener.event ..etc ,

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanx for your help and time.

Thanks ,

Sree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

I believe you are correct when you say that there is something missing from the API when Main table events are not being raised on import. If you can, please create an OSS message on this issue so that the MDM development team is aware of it. From my experience, the com.sap.mdm.notification packages are still a work in progress and some events have not yet been fully supported.

Thanks.

Doug