cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Mobile Web Dynpro Application!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I did the tutorial Mobile Webdynpro (37) and I tested the application with the BlackBerry simulator. The first page is correctly loaded, but when I press the search button, nothing happens. Does someone know why this is happening and how to fix it? I appreciate your answers!

Note: The application works fine with the internet explorer browser in a PC.

Best Regards,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are u using de rendering parameter for Blackberry devices (sap-wd-client=WmlClient)? Or try another parameter (PieClient, Pie03Client).

regards,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I encounter the same issue. My WD application works fine on PC Internet browser but it cannot execute any action from LinkToAction, Button, Table lead selection when running on BB browser (with Firefox and IE browser configuration).

I must use BB default browser (WML Browser) to access the WD application. With this configuration, the application works fine; however, the GUI of the WD application looks really bad. There are no color, group layout alignment....

I guess it's a BB javascript processing engine problem. I'm still looking for the answer.

Regards,

Steven Linh Nguyen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I have made a webdynpro application and tried to run the same in blackberry.I was also getting my first page displayed correctly but when click on any link get error.After that I set each of my UI input feild elements tooltip from the property and then run .It was working fine.Please make sure urs tooltip for the elements are set or not.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have managed to run the MDS. MDS comea as a prt og BB JDE software, I installed only simulators earlier and hence I never had MDS option.

However, that does not solve my problem, I run MDS and I can browse default BB site on the emulator. However when I try to view the page I get HTTP 500 error, complaining something wrong with the page etc....

Any ideas, please share with me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

Could you tell me how you were able to view the page in blackberry simulator. I have deployed the tutorial application on sneakpreview and it works fine on IE. I installed simulator on my laptop but when I try to access the URL from my device, it gives me a message Unable to connect to selected Mobile data service.

Please reply.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

You have to run MDS first.

I don't know what this mean (just check shortcut / batch file), but it is some kind of proxy between emulator and web.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valery,

Could you be bit more clear on what is MDS. I looked at the bat file, i did not find anything.

Could you e-mail me exact steps and software you have used for running blakberry simulator and web dynpro.

My mail id is sudhakar.pantula@prospecta.com.au

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

Just google for "MDS ResearchInMotion"

What I know myself is just that I have to run this batch file (and keep it running) before using emulator

VS