SAP for Media Discussions
Spark conversations about content creation, audience engagement, and monetization strategies using SAP in the media industry. Join in the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal Deliveries - Minimum Data Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

does anyone know the minimum data requirements to enable Postal delivery of Periodicals?

We have created and assigned:

Carrier Routes (I do not believe these are required for Postal, but maybe they are?)

Geo Units for Regions

Cities

Assignment is shown below:

0 - Carrier Route

1 - Geo Unit (Regions)

2 - City

Do we need to create Post Codes and Streets (house Nos) as well? This is an awful lot of Master Data to be able to have post collected by the National Post Office.

This would very much help us speed up our model build as we are currently experiencing errors during Subscription order creation as a valid Delivery Viability Set cannot be found.

Many thanks

Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

I also faced the same problem where i got the same message when I tried to open the cic0 t.code then I looked into the settings in jv12 t.code and there we will find the changes whatever it may be made in the mix type,carrier route,Delivery type,valid from -to,Publication type,sales org,dis,div etc.Once we maintain the correcct data accordingly then the problem will solve.

Regards and rewards

TSKMBA

View solution in original post

• SAP Managed Tags:
3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

I also faced the same problem where i got the same message when I tried to open the cic0 t.code then I looked into the settings in jv12 t.code and there we will find the changes whatever it may be made in the mix type,carrier route,Delivery type,valid from -to,Publication type,sales org,dis,div etc.Once we maintain the correcct data accordingly then the problem will solve.

Regards and rewards

TSKMBA

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

many thanks for your posting. We have looked at the delivery viability sets we have created and we believe they look correct.

Delivery type - 03 (Domestic Post)

Valid from and to - 31.05.07

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to finish off...............

Hi,

many thanks for your posting. We have looked at the delivery viability sets we have created and we believe they look correct, the example below is for Domestic Post, which is the delivery type we are using when trying to xcreate the Subscription Order (std order type ABO)

Sample Delivery Viability Set:

Delivery type - 03 (Domestic Post)

Valid from and to - 31.05.07 to 31.12.2999

Publication type - 1 (Title)

Geo Unit - GU-GB-WAL (valid)

Sales Org - 2000 (valid)

Dist Channel - 10 (valid)

Plant - 2000 (valid)

Publication - MD2 (valid)

Edition - MD21 (valid)

Mix Type - 01 (Full)

Delivery round - G31 (morning round)

We have now resorted to debuggin, which seems crazy! I know it is very difficult to generalise but I am sure we have some fundemental setting missing in either data or config - probably data.

If anyone has any further information we will be very grateful.

Best regards

Martin

Edited by: Martin Stuart on Sep 10, 2008 5:09 PM

• SAP Managed Tags: