cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating XI Roles for CMS and NWDI on seperate J2EE server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going through the "How to Transport XI Content Using CMS" Guide. We are runnning CMS and NWDI on a seperate J2EE server.

It's not clear from the guide what we need to do on the J2EE side in terms of the user and roles. The guide mostly details setting up CMS/NWDI on the same box as XI. So we created the XIDIRUSER and XIREPUSER on the seperate J2EE server. We add these users to the SAP_CMS_ADMISTRATOR role/group.

Questions -

- Do we need to create any XI specific profiles/roles on the server - or is that applicable only to CMS running on the XI box?

- Are there any things that we need to keep in mind that is not in the guide when we are setting this up.

If you have a similar landscape (with CMS and NWDI) on a seperate server, I would like to know how you set this up.

Thanks for your help.

Jay Malla

SAP XI Consultant

Licensed To Code

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to make lsadmin in your JDI server and also you have to make XISUPER or any such user that you are going to use in integration builder rep or dir.

- Farrukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Did you make any progress on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

any progress?

on your environment, have U installed DEV, CONS, PRD?

i will be trying to set DEV and PRD, so i am not clear from guide weather it is possible or not.

and do i register J2EE on JDI BOX to SLD on same box?

or only register J2EE on JDI box to centeral SLD box via data supplier on J2EE engine on JDI box

so here are some questions i am not clear;

1. JDI server should be registered to SLD on same JDI BOX? or centeral SLD we are currently using?

or both?

2. according to Guide, they provide to make a domain or track DEV,CONS,PRD, but we will have DEV,PRD. so is it possible to configure CMS?

thanks in advance