cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning on DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts

Can we plan on a DSO using integrated planning? We have a requirement to be able to plan some six steps in an application and which would keep chainging evey now and then ! I was wondering if I could make a DSO plannable then we could use the DSO to store this detailed data.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Mukund

PS: Full points are granted for a correct answer !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

Planning cannot write data directly to a DSO. Writing can be done only to a real time cube. You can load data from cube to DSO.

Does planning on cube not work for you? Why do you want to plan on DSO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mayank

Thanks for your reply. The requirement is around tracking changes across various stages of a process.

For e.g. lets assume that it takes 10 steps to hire an employee. So, I want to show a report with department type and name of employee being hired and the stage at which his application is.

On producing this report, the user would like to click on a particular stage, which should take him to another screen listing all the details of the employee and the stage at which his application is. If required, the user should be able to advance the employee to next stage, or cancel his application etc.

The first thought that comes to my mind is that this is more like a transacational information and belongs in a DSO. Another thought (that just occured to me) is that how would I trigger lets say another planning application based on where user clicks? would RRI help, I am not sure !

I hope you understand my problem now. Please help me out. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Mukund.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement does not look like a planning (Integrated Planning/BPS) application to me. In BPS/IP, the bulk of the work is around working with numbers (key figures) but yours is not that, as I see.

I have seen some applications of these kind running in BSP (and storing data in a DSO - maybe you would want to explore that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks an interesting point of view ! Thanks for your time Mayank !