cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PERFORMANCE DURING DRILL DOWN

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

When, i am using drilldowns at various levels, specifically for two planning book it's taking very long time to show the drill downs,

Out of all my planning books only two planning books are taking longer time more than 15 mins for each drill down.

i have done the consistency check, and i won't find any issues

and there are no macros running during the drilldown,

i am using perfectly a standard drilldowns provided by SAP

Pls suggest me to reduce the time for drill downs in planning books

Your answers are more appreciable

Thanks

ARUN R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Normally if we have too many CVC's in MPOS we face the problem of long execution time of details all drilldowns.

I have faced similar issues and in my case the number of CVC's are 45000.

A workaround for this issue is that you can load smaller selections at a time and take the requisite details all drill down for that small selection.

I am assumind that you have already run all the consistency checks and recommended programs for consistency checks of CVC's e.g. /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_TOOL

Hope this helps in tackling your issue.

Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

What did you mean by "SAP standard drilldown" without using any macros? I guess you are talking about manually drilling down in sdp94.

I can't see any reason except performance or the CVCs.

I hope you did the consistency checks on CVCs with the program ***PAREA_CONS_check

The other thing I would do is to have a basis person monitor the system performance when you drill down.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope all your key figures are in Planning area UOM. If not, have them with planning area UoM and use interactive options to change the UoMs.

The other thing you would want to do is to go through the forum on Live Cache where LC issues at the time of drill down have been addressed.eg.

It might also be helpful to do a trace on where control is taking the most time.