cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating rule in alert rwb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble in alert configuration... After following all Michal's weblogs, I'm not being able to create a rule on the rwb. The button for creating rule is inactive, how can I activate it?

I've searched the forum for similar problems but I haven't got a clear answer...

It seems to be a simple problem but it's stopping me in testing the alert...

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goncalo,

Did you select your "Alert Category" before you add alert rule ? only after selecting your alert category the 'Add Alert Rule' button becomes active.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your quick replies, I'd tried to click on the alert category of the table below, the problem is that the icon of any of the categories is blue, and therefore I'm not able to click it.

If I click it, the page is refreshed but nothing happens...

Is it a browser config?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goncalo,

did you check that your user has the according authorizations (not only display but also change)? The authorizations to create alert rules are contained in standard role SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR.

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Yes, I'd checked the authorizations and they're according to the requested, but that was well-remembered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have these roles attached for alerts...

SAP_ALM_ADMINISTRATOR - Alert Management Administrator

SAP_ALM_CUSTOMIZER - Alert Management: Role for Customizing

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal

Former Member
0 Kudos

this roles are only for Alert Framework specific authorizations like ALRTCATDEF etc. Alert Rules are XI specific configuration that is not Alert Framework standard and therefore the authorizations are not in the ALM standard roles but within the XI administrator role.

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

just checked in my XI sys with IE 6. it also does a page refresh, but after that the category is marked in orange... this is also working in firefox, so i suppose it's probably not a browser problem. To double check you could ask a colleague to log in from his PC.

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Sorry for only answering now but i'd to wait to check in my partner's pc, and the problem is the same..

Although the problem is solved, I tried with firefox and I've been able to add the rule. With IE it does nothing, i've checked the browser configs but they're the same...awkward problem....don't know...

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goncalo,

Did you ever get this working in IE?

Regards,

Jay Malla

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with creating new alert rules. just figured out the solution in IE.

-from Tools menu, select Internet Options.

-select Privacy tab.

-move the slider down to Low level.

now you should be able to select anAlert Category and the Add Rule button should be enabled.

hope this will help someone :-).

wentao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome, Thanks, it did help someone.

Thanks

Shabna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Choose an alert category in the table below and the button should get activated.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith.