cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

j2ee server failed to start: No active userstore is set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have troubled in starting J2ee engine the std_server0.out file contains the following description Please help

Jun 2, 2008 4:19:30 PM ...xt.<init>(UserContextSpi, Properties) [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_11] Fatal: Can not instantiate UserContext with given properties.

service security ================= ERROR =================

Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityServiceException: Unexpected exception:

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:181)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseSecurityException: No active userstore is set.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.UserStoreFactoryImpl.getActiveUserStore(UserStoreFactoryImpl.java:77)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.update(LoginModuleHelperImpl.java:405)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.<init>(LoginModuleHelperImpl.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.SecurityContextImpl.<init>(SecurityContextImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:135)

... 5 more

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityServiceException: Unexpected exception:

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:181)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseSecurityException: No active userstore is set.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.UserStoreFactoryImpl.getActiveUserStore(UserStoreFactoryImpl.java:77)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.update(LoginModuleHelperImpl.java:405)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.<init>(LoginModuleHelperImpl.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.SecurityContextImpl.<init>(SecurityContextImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:135)

... 5 more

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Jun 2, 2008 4:19:30 PM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_11] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhupinder Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a deep look into the following parameters and if you can post these it will be beneficial.

ume.r3.connection.master.client -

ume.r3.connection.master.user -

ume.r3.connection.master.passwrd

ume.r3.connection.master.ashost

ume.r3.connection.master.sysnr

ume.persistence.data_source_configuration

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhupindra,

I am also facing the similar issue. Please let me know what action has been taken to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Sagar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

You should recreate J2EE_ADMIN,J2EE_GUEST on the client you can run t-code rsa1.

Regards,

GardenHo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experienced the same error when I tried to move the Java UME to another, more appropriate client. I updated the configuration in the ABAP tab of the NWA User Management page and tested that the connection worked to the new location. However, while the connection used sapjsf and worked, the new client did not contain either J2EE_ADMIN or J2EE_GUEST and, until BOTH users existed, the Java server would not start.

Of even greater concern was that, without the Java server running, it was not possible to run the NWA User Management application to reset the configuration. The parameters were finally found buried deep in the configtool and reset appropriately to manage a restart before the complete diagnosis allowed the change to be successfully activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've met the above issue after BI-cont upgrade. After this j2ee engine cannot start and

the password of j2ee_admin has been changed.

Please double check user J2EE_GUEST on the client which you can run T-CODE rsa1.

Regards.

GardenHo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes,changes should be done at global level.

Try restoring all ume.secure.store values to "default" at global level.

Mainly check with ume.logon values.

Check with values like

ume.logonAuthenticationFactory com.sap.security.core.logon.imp.SAPJ2EEAuthenticator com.sap.security.core.logon.imp.SAPJ2EEAuthenticator

Regards

Usha

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have made all to default still no success

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you change any UME-settings recently (before last restart) ?

Indicates that someting has changed.

Also check settings in configtool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i change the setting but now when i change the configtool setting of ume to default still i didnt resovle this

even i upgraded ume from sdm deployment guide me what to do