SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U CCS: How to make POD fields mandatory in transaction ES31?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having trouble implementing a user-check for POD in our IS-U CCS installation release 46C / 4.64:

We want the fields for the point of delivery in transaction ES31 to be obligatory. I am using enhancement EEDMUI02, but unfortunately user-exit EXIT_SAPLEEDM_UI_EXT_TYP2_001 for customer specific checks is not triggered unless input has been made in the fields for POD. I do not want to modify the screen and make the fields input mandatory, because the field values usually can not be filled in manually but are determined by function EXIT_SAPLEEDM_UI_EXT_TYP2_002 (proposal for POD)

Has anybody done something like this before?

Thank you for your help & kind regards, Kathrin!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use the logic showed and described in viewcluster VC_EUISTRUTYPE. When using this you will ALWAYS have the same logic. If you use something else - it will NEVER work within the master data generator (e.g. CRM replication) or any other transaction to assign an installation to a PoD (e.g. EEDM10).

So either use the user exits provided or the already included functionality where you have to do nothing except some customizing ...

Hope that helps

Uwe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to user Exit EXIT_SAPLES30_001, of the Enhancement EMDI0001.

KR,

AAL!

0 Kudos

Hi,

As said above, you can gow with the user exit but the validation will trigger only on save...

But if you want the validation to trigger immediately on the screen, then use the concept of field exit...You can use it since the release is 4.6C and SAP supports in the release...

You can access field exit from prg: RSMODPRF

Assign the validation for the field exit in the data element of the corresponding screen field...

Reward if useful

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to make the field mandatory then you can use Transaction variant (T code SHD0).

thanks and regards

Deepak

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use the logic showed and described in viewcluster VC_EUISTRUTYPE. When using this you will ALWAYS have the same logic. If you use something else - it will NEVER work within the master data generator (e.g. CRM replication) or any other transaction to assign an installation to a PoD (e.g. EEDM10).

So either use the user exits provided or the already included functionality where you have to do nothing except some customizing ...

Hope that helps

Uwe